does the 3's have one driving wheel or 2

Maybe I need some LSD to figure out what the question was all about. ;)

I any case, if that is what the person was asking, then, no it doesn't have an LSD.

Unless, this is the new Mazda...

Unicycle.jpg

sorry i have a disease called partialy retarted. someone said to me only one wheel gives the power nad im like woah. so i came here to see if they were full of s***

Whoever told you is right. On my Protege I believe it is the passenger side is the drive wheel. Look under you hood, find the transmission and see which wheel it is connected to, and there you go.

RHAGEL said:
Whoever told you is right. On my Protege I believe it is the passenger side is the drive wheel. Look under you hood, find the transmission and see which wheel it is connected to, and there you go.
I hope you're kidding.

Greenbread said:
so basically if just my one drive wheel is in a pathc of ice im screwed?
Take "Pretzellogic"s advice and read the "How Stuff Works" article on differentials.

You don't have a "Drive wheel".

I don't think you want a posi or limited slip on a front wheel drive car unless your going to be on a surface that does not provide an adaquate traction surface. On pavement you will have major over-steer and it will make the steering a little more difficult as well as put more stress on certain drive-line and steering parts.
Lator.....

why does 04 and up srt-4 have one then? wheel spinnage owns me

um....no. So where did you find pics of the euopean Xa and Xb (cryhard)

your car still has 2 wheel drive, because for thw wheel to slip it has to spin twice as fast as it would at a given speed.

it just doesn't have an LSD

djltoronto said:
Take "Pretzellogic"s advice and read the "How Stuff Works" article on differentials.

You don't have a "Drive wheel".
Actually I wasn't kidding but am now embarassed that I didn't know. I thought I had a pretty good idea of how cars work but I guess not. I did realize that if only one wheel was driving the car you would spin in circles. Oh well, now I am well informed.

RHAGEL said:
Actually I wasn't kidding but am now embarassed that I didn't know. I thought I had a pretty good idea of how cars work but I guess not. I did realize that if only one wheel was driving the car you would spin in circles. Oh well, now I am well informed.

No reputation point for you!
soup%20nazi.jpg

I'm really happy that I tossed a Mazdaspeed LSD into my protege. Before, I would try to go around a corner on wet pavement and my car would follow a straight line that it was originally travelling. Now if I feel myself sliding, instead of taking my foot off the gas, if I press it a little, it will pull itself through the curve. Harder to get stuck in the snow too. I'm still not positive how much it helps acceleration from zero though.

Back