To Panama City, FL potential buyers!!!

PR5hokie

I spoke with my upstairs neighbor last night and he told me some interesting information concerning the MSP. I thought that I would post it here seeing as he isn't a member (don't worry I keep telling him to sign in here).

According to the manager at Buzz Mazda on 15th Street (only Mazda dealer in PC I think) they will be able to get and sell the MSP however......no service will be provided. He said something about the tech's lack of knowledge concerning the turbo setup. Although this is a valid point regarding the turbo they will not provide service on ANYTHING. If service is needed you will have to drive to the Mazda dealer in Pensacola. :mad:

If any of you PC'ers out there were thinking about getting one you may want to stop by and check it out yourself. You may have to write a letter to Mazda USA and complain about this. Don't know if it'll help though. Just thought I'd pass on the info.

Matt

if he is selling a MSP, then he must be a mazdaspeed dealer. If he is a mazdaspeed dealer then he and his techs have to have gone ot mazdaspeed school and passed tests regarding maintenance on these cars. IMO, the dealer is full of s***, not going to be selling MSPs...

I agree. I figured if they would be selling the car then they'd have to know how to service it. If the dealer is full of s*** then he just lost a purchase because my buddy had the $ set aside. Just passin' on some info.

they could loose their mazda dealer license if they don't work on msp. they must be able to service any kind of mazda if they are a mazda dealer.

Buzz Not Listed as a MS Dealer

The web site shows that Buzz is not a Mazdaspeed dealer, which means ole Buzz didn't fork over the 12 large to become one and get a technician trained or parts stocked. His statement confirms that ,sort of. If he's selling an MSP, I'll bet he's buying it from another dealer and reselling it. Buzz is also not an elite dealer or any of the other classifications that Mazda lists for their better dealers. In fact, Buzz only has two P5s on the lot, an '02 and an '03, I'm also bettin that he's a real low volume dealer. The better dealers have at least a half dozen '03 P5s on their lot.
The local BMW dealer here is selling Minis even though they are not a Mini dealer and they told me they are not going to become one. They buy them from a real Mini dealer, mark the sticker up $6K, and put them on the lot. The nearest Mini dealer is nearly 70 miles away. Long way to truck for warranty work.
Jim

Back