Current car before MSP?

White 6s

sp33dy GT on the 3 *****s
Contributor
:
08.5 CWP MS3
wondering what everyones current car is before the mazdaspeed protoge? are u trading it? selling it? giving it back? borrowing it?

just wanted to see what kinda rides everyone had before the MSP.

mine is a 2000 civic si black..with a gsr (integra vtec) swap due to a nitrous mishap. :D

here's pics:
http://www.cj-motorsports.com/cars/ed/ed.htm

my first car was a 92 protege, but that died, so me and my mom bought a 2002 protege. she is getting the 02 protege, and trading in her car (91 MB 300E) for the mazdaspeed, and then i will make payments for the mazdaspeed instead of the 02.

Well i've been trying to sell my current car in order to get ready for my mazdaspeed if it ever gets here. Right now i have a 1999 Mazda Millenia type S. It's pretty damn fast and as most of you all know it's supercharged. My previous car was a 1998 SVT Ford Contour. Not a bad little car but i like my millenia more than the Contour. Well here is a link to my millenia...take a look and tell me what you guys think! www.cardomain.com/id/theninemilly

Thanx guys!

Brian

2000 SILVER PROTEGE LX TOURING with 1.8L (ES in USA...)
Full equip... sold to someone but trought the garage....

I was in an MP3 sold it, was expecting a MazdaSpeed about 2 1/2 months ago, currently driving a dealer supplied Tribute ES V6

I went from a 96 Acura Integra LS VTEC all motor to a 99 civic si with all the bolt ons to a 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS. It seems like a keep a car until I get bored with it and trade it in. I don't think that with happen with the MSP.

i currently have a 2000 toyota mr2 spyder which i will be modifying with the veilside body kit, plus apex'i turbo kit. The MSP will be my daily transportation...not a bad car to have for daily usage :p

Driving a 2001 VW GTI 1.8T. It's for sale is any of you are interested, or know someone who's interested. Check out my website in my signature.

I had a 1993 Honda Civic EX (canadian) 5 spd.
about 4 weeks ago, i was ran into from behind and i was shoved under a Cr-V upfront. My car was sandwiched badly, and it was pronouned totalled a few days later. They car could have been fixed, but it wouldn't drive the same, and it wasn't worth it either.

This car was suppose to be my high school car and my MSP would be sorta of a graduation present/ early university car. I would have kept the civic during the winter season and use it as a winter beater, but this won't be happening now.

I'm currently Car-less until i take delivery of my Mazdaspeed Protege...Please hurry the hell up Mazda Canada!:eek:

MikeyG_U2 said:
Driving a 2001 VW GTI 1.8T. It's for sale is any of you are interested, or know someone who's interested. Check out my website in my signature.

allright..another chicago member. where exactly u at? u got a deposit down? black or orange?

HAHA! This is great! I drive my moms old beat up 72' VW Superbeetle!!! LOL!!! OH MY GOD!!! TALK ABOUT A BAD WINTER CAR! I live in southern cali. and with the mournings we have here with the little fog messes my car up SOOOOOOOOOOOO badly! I have visibility for 4 secounds (through the front window only) untill I hit the windshield wiper again to produce another 4 seconds of visibility! HAHA! And as for performance GET THIS:

0-60.............YES
60-0.............1 hour!
Power breaks? NO
Power Steering? NO
Power anything? NO!!!
Slolum: Don't even attempt anything above 10 MPH(you'll fly out the side window!!!)

So, as you can see I am really excited!!! I think 3 years of this car puts me up for one of the most deserving candidates for the MSP!

TedManEight said:
HAHA! This is great! I drive my moms old beat up 72' VW Superbeetle!!! LOL!!! OH MY GOD!!! TALK ABOUT A BAD WINTER CAR! I live in southern cali. and with the mournings we have here with the little fog messes my car up SOOOOOOOOOOOO badly! I have visibility for 4 secounds (through the front window only) untill I hit the windshield wiper again to produce another 4 seconds of visibility! HAHA! And as for performance GET THIS:

0-60.............YES
60-0.............1 hour!
Power breaks? NO
Power Steering? NO
Power anything? NO!!!
Slolum: Don't even attempt anything above 10 MPH(you'll fly out the side window!!!)

So, as you can see I am really excited!!! I think 3 years of this car puts me up for one of the most deserving candidates for the MSP!

HAHAHAAHA..
This post sounds like the hall of shame.
But i don't blame you..'72 bettle msut be a terrible winter beater...does it have "heat" at least?..or you you have to wear a thick ass winter jacket and cover up yourself in a blanket while driving?
The closest to something that i've driven of is an '87 corolla with over 220K on it...power Nothing!. Accept for sterring. Still drives alright...

acctually I just had the heater fixed! However, I still have to drive about 3-4 miles before it warms up! Or rev the engine for like 10 minutes! Oh well, it looks like this will be the last winter of that! HAHA!!!
Wroom! Wroom! GOGOGO MS-P! I don't care if I get the 2003 or 2003.5 what ever the case I will finally have a trustworthy car! :)

Orange Speed said:

allright..another chicago member. where exactly u at? u got a deposit down? black or orange?

I am in the Villa Park / Oak Brook area. i stopped into the Villa Park mazda dealer on Labor Day and put my name on some list, but they didn't have any info, and weren't taking deposits at the time. I just got my postcard today from the salesman saying he has more info now. I'll stop in sometime soon. I want an Orange one. Black will drive me insane keeping clean. Besides, my GTI is Green Rave, I like bright colors.

Back