Bolt pattern on 16" rims

Bolt pattern is 5x114.3, I've also updated the sticky (knew I was forgetting a parameter when I wrote that).

swell...

wongpres said:
Bolt pattern is 5x114.3, I've also updated the sticky (knew I was forgetting a parameter when I wrote that).

thanks pres. (birthday)

will this work?..

I'm having a hard time finding 16" steel rims for winter for my 3s. So I'm trying to figure out what can be substituted.

I'll be ok as long as the rim has the following specs:

16-inch:
Width - 6.5 inches
Offset - 52.5mm
Bolt pattern - 5x114.3

Right?...

Obviously the width and bolt pattern are critical, is the offset as important or can it be fudged?

(drive)

Last edited:
offset lets you know if you will rub fender with certain tires. having all info is best. size width weight bolt pattern offset on new rims and tires. you don't wanna add rim and tires that weigh more than the ones you pulled off the car specialy if you have the heavy aloys unless you wanna be the guys riding 2 miles and hour so everyone can see you.

First off, there is no OEM Mazda3 16-inch steel rim (16-inch Mazda3 in all world-wide markets use alloys). So, you will not find any steel rim that completely meets all the specs.

As such, if you get it from a tire shop, it is advisable to do an actual fitment before purchasing the steels. The other alternative is to get the steel rims from a dealership, as the dealerships will either sell generic steel wheels which they've already confirmed do fit the Mazda3, or the dealerships will use the base Mazda6 16-inch steel rims (which do fit, but typically are more expensive than generic wheels).

what he said get generic if you going "steelie" route

Back