Waste of a car...

C

cougfan99

I've had this Blue MP3 for a couple months now, and recently think it kinda goes to waste on me. At age 23, I really wanted a reliable commuter car, and spent the same on this as a new top-of-the-line Corolla or Civic, but got so much more car. The thing is, all these people post of driving fast, and mine just gets normal commute driving. I don't think I've revved the engine past 4Grand still. Haven't needed to.

So maybe I'll put it up for sale or trade in a couple months for someone who will get the handeling enjoyment out of it. Anyone else just use it as a daily commuter?

I use mine as a daily commuter, too. And boy did driving to work get a hell of a lot more fun!!!! :D :D I'm lucky though, i have 3 routes i can take to work - the highway (which i take in the mornings to save time), a straight road that runs through 3 towns (which i sometimes take in the afternoons when the MP3 is clean enough to show off), or a deserted back road w/ enough curves to put Dolly Parton to shame (which i take at least twice a week for some fun).

Nah, don't get rid of it! Just have some fun with it once in awhile. You've got to use the highways once in awhile. I'm 22 and use it as a daily commuter too, but you just gotta do things you wouldn't usually do. Take a corner harder, go up to 6K RPMs, its sounds cool :). Just have some fun with it for God's sake. But don't let this baby out of your hands.

same here its my daily driver. im 22. i have two routes i can take home. the freeway full of traffic to show of the car. or the back road with all the twists and turns for fun.

dont get rid of it. if you have time in your way home from wrok every now and then take a back road. thats what i do.

I am a daily driver too! I am 22, and drive from Arlington to Allen, Texas 4 days out of the week. That is about 45 mi. one way! I have had that thing since July, and have over 11k mi. on it. I have fun though! I love the handling it it has. I can take the corner from I-35 to I-635 at 90 MPH! Keep the car, it will eventually grow on you. :D

I think the majority of the messages on this forum don't Accurately represent the majority of the people that drive these cars. The main reason I bought this car is that I wanted something that was different. I use the car as a daily driver, I hope the day when I can afford to drop 18 grand on a car that I won't use as a daily driver. I looked at the civics, rsx, eclipse, and others but they were all over. You always see these cars, but I hardly ever see other mp3. Doomer even lives a block away from me and I hardly ever see his car. I have put in a intake, but mostly because it looks cool. I also like this, the forum, I don't know doomer but i met him through this forum. I think most people fall into the same boat as me. I could never dump $3000 for a turbo into this car because it is a lost investment. No dealer would ever add that onto a trade in because it would be a liability that they would have to deal with.

More or less I enjoy the little things on the car. Like the interior that looks like someone gave a damn about it (ever see the WRX interior, i think its boring). I like the way the door shuts, it sounds solid and not clumsy like other cars i've driven. And most of all I like the idea of owning something that only a few other people have.

Tim

23 here. I use it to get to work. quoting my friend, "he used to be the slowest driver with the taurus now he's gone totally crazy". I would say this statement is accurate only 1-2% of time.

I love my car.

Hey guys, like a lot of you, I'm 22 years old and I use my car as a daily driver. I work 5 days, 45 hours a week. I put a lot of highway mileage on my car. A lot of the time I don't get the chance to really just let loose and have fun in my MP3 but I still get plenty of pleasure out of my car. Whether it's the highway on ramp or an occasional twisty back road on the weekend I'm reminded at least 10 times a week why I bought this car. Just this morning I was on an on ramp getting on to the highway. There was a Mustang right on my butt. We came to the sharp bend right before the highway and I flew through it at over 50 mph. In my rearview mirror I could see the Mustang's headlights disappearing behind me. He couldn't handle the corner without braking and I could. That's what this car is about. It's just fun, plain and simple. The handling is fun, the stereo is fun, the looks are fun and the rarity of it is fun. Don't get rid of your MP3, just see it for what it is and make the most of it. :D

Definitly a daily driver for a 20yr old commuting to college every morning at 7:30, but its not just a daily drive its much more, come to a stop sign and see a slight strait away with PA farms all around of course your going to see how quickly you can get up to 60, just wish i had the Gtechpro so i would know everything i was doing. Hopefully the GF finds it a good gift for me for some reason. And this is a car to keep a hold of, i purchased mine in November 2001 and have loved driving it.

This car took forever to get a hold of and i wouldn't let it go for anything. I'll be happy with a lil more power so when those Riced cars think they can beat my four door four banger i can had their A$$es to them. Definitly a car to keep if u have it.

But thats just my opinion. Great car to drive, gives that good feeling in the stomach taking turns, granted i wouldn't ever test the limits again in the rain, let me just warn ya, don't do that, the back end kinda pushes around the turn specially when slowing down for a stop sign.

Keep it real and have fun driving :cool:

O.k. as the old guy in the group{33}.I bought mine as a daily driver also.I figured if Im in the car 2hrs. a day comuting{sp} I should at least enjoy it!
Ive got an 11sec. car in the garage for going out and letting loose! :D

dont get rid of your car man, youll regret it in the long run... who wants to drive a civic (or some other boring commuter car) around every day. i know i wouldnt.... i was so close to getting rid of my car and i realize now that im keeping it that i would have regretted selling the thing.

Het SanFran, I use mine as a daily driver. I wouldn't recommend getting rid of it. My wife and I trst drove a Civic last weekend...what a pig! It is a nice car for it's ride and interior but talk about slow! I might recommend looking up CarsonBlack on here and see if he could hook up with you for a day of autocrossing...that will definately change your mind about getting rid of it. I race here and it will make you look for alternate routes to and from work. I drive about 45 miles each way to work and this makes it a bit more fun.

Oh and by the way chitownMP3...I have you beat...I'm 39.

I'll take my walker and depends now and let the thread resume. :D

23, I use it as a dialy driver to and from work. 20 mi. each way. I love my car but can understand where San Fran is coming from. I think its a question of what you value in a car...for someone who can't appreciate/care about the qualities of the car (handling, looks, etc.) it is a lot of money for what you get with regards to amenities...Whatever, I like them and my car (even through I still think we all paid a bit too much)
DARTHNEWKY>>Do you go to West Chester?

Hey I'm 23 and I drive my car an hour everday to school. I wouldn't dream of getting rid of this car. For one thing, I got a really good deal (18,200) and look at everything that comes with it. Not to mention I'm the only one who has one in about six counties. I say keep the car.

23, I agree with everyone, do not get rid of it......what would you get? anyways i also work 40 hours a week and go to college three days a week...I comute about 20mi to school and work.....I have a few routes also, the highway to get their on time and the ballin out of control route so i can blast the radio...I dont try and race because the car isn't very quick,but i love to take turns at a high speed....the car is very enjoyable to drive for fun and comute, so i wouldn't want anything else.....(except maybe a new m3 or amg benz but those will come later on in life)

Back