Spring & Damper Question

KirosKid

:
'04 Mazda3 5 door
I was fixin' to dump a bit of money into my 3, I figure it's got 22,000 miles on it already, so the newness is warn off...Anyway, I had a '00 Mustang V6 with Koni Sports and an Eibach Pro-Kit and my brother had a '99 Contour with the same set up...that's sort of what I want to do on the 3, but didn't know if y'all had any other suggestions. It didn't look like Koni had sports out for the 3, what are the other options or what have y'all been using? I figure that I'm going to go with the Pro-Kit so I'm just up in the air about the dampers.
Last thing, I know on my Mustang I had to adjust the camber or caster (I get them confused) I don't know what sort of issues that raises with the 3, the Mustang was of course rear wheel drive so I had to do it on the front, I don't remember my brother having to do much with Contour at the rear, but I do remember he had some problems with the tires cupping a bit, wearing a little funny...Have y'all had that problem with the 3? He had everything adjusted and aligned,but it still happened. It never happened with my Mustang, so I was curious... can't really afford too many sets of tires.
Ok, recap...what sort of damper options are out there for a 3? And what price range have y'all seen? I know I sunk a lot into those Konis but they were excellent.
Thanks.

Back