Speakers.....

lowridemazb2200 said:
What kind of speakers are in the stock 04 3? I have the 6 speaker system w/o navigation.

The doors all have 5 x 7's.
But 6.5's can easily be mounted using a simple adapter.
See pics

Attachments

• Visonik component install 017 (Medium).jpg
    Visonik component install 017 (Medium).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Visonik component install 010 (Medium).jpg
    Visonik component install 010 (Medium).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 308
6x8 !

Speakers are actually 6x8 all around.... a little bigger than 5x7. I installed 4 Pioneer 6x8s and i am quite surprised at the amount of bass i get out of the stock radio.... as long as i don't crank it too loud of course.

I purchased both Pioneer and Infnity speaker.... Pioneer 6x8 is an exact fit to the stock speaker hole, Infinity 5x7/6x8 is a bit smaller and does not fill the hole as tightly as the Pioneer does.

The size is a 5x7 as its a ford size.
The aftermarket is interchangable between the 2 for the most part. WHen it comes to aftermarket speakers, 6x8 and 5x7 are both going to fit.

lowridemazb2200 said:
ok thanks for the help. Do you know the brand name of them.
They are 5 x 7's
6 x 8's and 5 x 7's use the same mounting holes in this case.

I have no idea what the brand name is!!

Curious, but why do you wan't to know the brand name of the stock speakers?

The brand will be who ever won the bid to OEM them to Fords specs. Its not important to say the least.

djltoronto said:
They are 5 x 7's
6 x 8's and 5 x 7's use the same mounting holes in this case.

I have no idea what the brand name is!!

Curious, but why do you wan't to know the brand name of the stock speakers?

Just curious because the stock ones sound pretty good.

lowridemazb2200 said:
Just curious because the stock ones sound pretty good.
I agreed with this statement 100% until I replaced them. Aftermarket speakers sound even better, much better. (depending on the type I suppose)

I was very pleasantly surprised at how much better.

djltoronto said:
I agreed with this statement 100% until I replaced them. Aftermarket speakers sound even better, much better. (depending on the type I suppose)

What kind of aftermarket speakers do you have now?

djltoronto said:

Stock speakers are nothing more then cardboard. It's a joke.

The BOSE speakers are different?

In the SP23 Brochure, It says it has the Bose 6.5 inch, I'm assuming this is a round 6.5" speaker, in every door along with the stock tweeters. Additionally it has a sub under the passenger seat with the 5 channel digital amp. (who knows what that means) with digital signal processing. Anyways that's what's in the special edition, sounds like it a little different than the stock stereo. Haven't heard it yet though. And I already know Bose sucks.

It might be the same stereo as in the Mazda6. It may just make it a little more difficult or time consuming to rip it out and add your own custom stereo.

Back