richrat

:
"04" Mazda 3 Hatchback
Hi guys,
I need to know what the factory offset for my stock 17" rims are:

And what range can I go if I buy aftermarket rims
(40mm - 48mm ?)

any input would be great!

I am going to step up and buy decent name brand rims.....

Thanks for your input on my last thread......
Rich

-Stock 17" Mazda3 Wheels-
Specifications:
Diameter: 17"
Width: 6 1/2"
Offset: 52.5 millimeters
Bolt pattern: 5 x 114.3
Finish: Silver

The offset really depends on how of wheel you are switching to. For example, I have aftermarket wheels that are 7.0 inches wide, with a 42mm offset. This size pushes the wheel out about 16mm (I think...) , which just barely fits. Luckily no rubbing problems at all. However, if you have wheels that are 7.5 inches in width, I've heard of people fitting wheels of no less than 45mm in offset. I'd highly recommend staying away from wheels with more than 7.5 inches in width. As for actual wheel size.... I'd recommend no larger than 18 inches, but 19 inch wheels will fit "safely" if using the proper tires and offset. 20 inch wheels have been successfully fitted BUT your wheels (and your back) will probably take a serious beating from any potholes, road rash, etc.... so beware.....

for wheels up to 7.0 inches in width
42mm to 52mm in offset
tires from 195mm to 225mm in width

for wheels up to 7.5 inches in width
45mm to 50mm in offset (45 is really pushing the limit)
tires from 205mm to 225mm in width

hope this helps

I have the RX8 18" wheels with a 50mm offset and its 8" wide. I've heard a lot of people on other forums fitting these with a 225/40/18 tire with no issues. I have my winters on now so I'll see how they fit next summer.

Back