Parts from other cars

LoBo

Do any of you guys know any parts from other cars that can be interchanged with 99 Miata parts? I knowsome nissans have the same throttle body bolt pattern and you can put the larger throttle body from the 240 on many other cars. Is there anything like this I can do to my Miata.

With exception of the differential (from an RX7, but it's a ton of work), there's nothing to increase performance, if that's what you're looking for. There are a bunch of odds and ends throughout the car that are interchangeable with other Mazda vehicles.

Yeah, the LSD swap is one that I'd love to do. Too bad I'm afraid to take apart my diff. :(

There's also a lot of parts that you can swap between an NA and NB miata, but people usually swap the other way around(ie: NB parts on an NA). Here's the compatibility guide from Miata.net.

http://www.miata.net/garage/compatibility.html

Also, if your '99s a base model, you can look for stuff off of an LS, like swaybars, brakes, etc.

From '01 on the Miata came with VVT. I've personally raced a guy with a '99 though, and his car was just as fast. I don't think it does much. Maybe improve milage a little? (shrug)

Last edited:
there isn't much you can really do super cheaply.

If you just want a little extra go, get an intake, header, exhaust.
the 99-00 header were a pretty poor design, so you cna prolly get a decent gain from an aftermarket one. but the exhaust isn't much of a restriction for an n/a car.

not sure if you can do this on '99's but you can try to bump the timing up a few degrees. you will gain a little power but you will need to run 93 octane.

Back