MSP release date

wrex

The AZ Mazda District Sales Manager confirmed that the delays are due to a late turbo parts supplier.
He says that by mid November we should have the cars on our lots.
I notice a lot of you have put your money down.
What are they telling you the prices will be?
As the MS rep for our dealership, I have no idea what the dealers are quoting for prices when they take your deposit.
I've been using the rumored Carsdirect price of 23,500.
I've heard rumors from sticker up to 5k over msrp....

i sat down with my salesman and general manager of the dealership. they both claimed they were not asking anything over 20,500(MSRP) +ttl. they also stated their dealership is honoring msrp to who pre-ordered. if they have to advertise the car or promote it. they will make a few dollars on the car to get their money back. they know if any aspect of our deal is not meant to terms. there is no deal. they also really want my 2000 civic si as a trade in also. so i think i should have no problems.

also 5 grand over msrp? wow. i rather buy a wrx with a few mods for a 25k dollar mazda protoge. limited edition or not...all modded out or not...25+k is alot for an entry level car aka protoge.

Corporate strategy

The memo from MNOA stated that dealers should refrian from price gouging.
Supply and demand may dictate a different stategy...
If we have 5 people scrambling over our last 3 cars next week, who knows what might go on...
Yes, you could get a WRX for the gouge price but, you wont pull up next to yourself at many stoplights in your MSP!
I get a tired hand some days from waving back at other WRX drivers...( not really!)

my dealer said they are not charging a penny over mrsp, i don't intend to pay any more than that. Irvine mazda
.... awaiting the black speed

I am paying MSRP, I don't know why anyone would pay anymore, and I don't know why any dealer would want to rip off a customer by charging more. If the customer is silly enough to come in and say I will pay more for the car, then take the money. All dealers should be willing to sell the cars for MSRP.

Reason for charging over MSRP.

A dealership has to put out some serious cash to be a MS dealer.
They have to buy display stuff, stock a full compliment of MSP only parts, and pay for training and airfare for 4 people( parts, service, sales and manager) to Irvine for the whole affair.
This is a lot of cash outlay to be made up on 6 cars.
I'm not saying I plan on gouging the price.
I'm sinply playing the devil's advocate for those who do.
When I bought my WRX in August almost a year and a half ago, dealers were charging thousands over MSRP and I gladly paid it because I wanted the car bad enough!
When people see and drive the MSP, they're going to WANT it.
Photos don't even do it justice.
The paint job alone looks as if it cost 5 grand!
One flick into a 40 mph 90 degree turn and I was convinced that enthusiasts will fall in love with the MSP!
I've heard that it would cost 20 grand in aftermarket goodies to make a regular protege into an MSP quality ride.
Let me know what you think...

I still think it is wrong, because being a MazdaSpeed dealer is the choice of the dealer, and therefore training etc...is the cost of doing business. I have ties with the automotive industry and I can understand your point. Mine is that the dealer should be willing to sell for MSRP and if I walk in and offer MSRP I should get the car/truck. Especially if I leave a deposit, because then you know the vehicle is sold and your cost of borrowing to purchase the vehicle is then virtually no existent.

My main argument is that if I put a deposit down and wait two months for my car, why should I have to pay more for it because someone comes in the day they are released and offers you (the dealer) over MSRP for it. If I can only afford $20500 for a car and put a deposit on it and that is the price set by the manufacturer then I should get it for that price. If you have cars in inventory that are not spoken for and you get 2 or 3 people wanting it then by all means let the bidding begin.

I have heard that some dealers that have taken deposits may not honor the MSRP price because they are getting less than expected in some areas.

colin949 said:
my dealer said they are not charging a penny over mrsp, i don't intend to pay any more than that. Irvine mazda
.... awaiting the black speed

Me too. Black MSP from Irvine. Waiting patiently w/my hands folded in my lap and containing the smoke emanating from my ears....

Colin, if you get yours first PM me and will meet so I can envy yours or at least see and sit in it. I'm in Orange.

Back