Court date set - 68 in a 35

cbcbd

...and it was all yellow
Contributor
:
02 P5
WTF?
Coming back from playing a gig in New Milford. On the way back some guy in SUV was a little too frisky and too close behind me. He follows me down this road which I know well and is very twisty (great, right?).
So obviously I lose him... too well.

All of a sudden I see the interior lights of a cop car on the left side. ****, there was no use in slowing down, it was too late.

No chit chat, just asked for my stuff, gave me the clocked speed (even though I swear I was going 60 since that's what I saw when I looked down, but doesn't matter),and gave me my court date in Danbury. Now I get to miss work for this s***.

Of course SUV guy must've had a pretty good laugh when he drove by my pulled-over ass.

:'( (rant) (gun) (pissed) (jerkit)

where we're you? exactly? I was in new milford tonight coming back towards danbury and there we're cops in full force tonight.

I was actually already in Newtown. Got off exit 11, took a right and then took a right onto 34. Then at the light I went right on Toddy Hill road.
But last night I was playing at this teen center off of rt 67, second left after the bridge.

I've never been charged with a misdemeanor before, I'm feeling very anxious about the whole thing.

Speeding in excess of 15 miles over the speed limit, driving 55 mph, but not more than 80 (in any speed zone more or less than 55mph) will get either a revocation or suspension anywhere from 30 days up to a year. Reckless driving, impaired driving and speeding in excess of 55 will give you 3 points each. More than 12 points in a year or 8 within a 3 year period immediately following the reinstatement of a suspended license will also get you a suspension.

The judge may decide to let you keep the license on special provisions, ie work, health or education reasons. It depends on if you can get a lawyer to reduce the charges or which judge you get. First time offenders usually get off with a slap on the wrist. If you have a lengthy history of speeding, then he may throw the book at you. Either way, good luck, hope it works out somehow.

Thanks for the info. So I guess it would be best to find myself a lawyer then. Last speeding ticket I got was about 2 years ago. How far do they keep ticket history? I wish there was a way for me to find out what CT has because before this one I have gotten 5 moving violation tickets since I started driving. All in different cars, all in different states.
Damn, I'm just not very happy right now.

You need to contact your local sherriff's office to obtain a copy of your driver's history. Not the city's police dept, but sherriff's office. At least that's what we tell people here in NC. Your local police dept can pull it and tell you what's on there, but you won't be allowed to see it or take a copy of it home. The sherriff's dept usually will though.

If you get a traffic lawyer, they'll be able to get a copy for you and try to get the charges reduced. I think it would be your best bet. Your driver's history stays on there indefinetly. The only thing that changes is when your points for insurance drops off.

i have never heard of the penalties being that high for 15 over.

I believe i got a ticket for 15 over in NY a few years back...like 80 in a 65 or something...and just got a 250 or so fine and would have gotten a couple points if CT cared about NY tickets (but they dont so i didnt get any)

maybe the penalties vary from state to state?(uhm)

cbcbd said:
Thanks for the info. So I guess it would be best to find myself a lawyer then. Last speeding ticket I got was about 2 years ago. How far do they keep ticket history? I wish there was a way for me to find out what CT has because before this one I have gotten 5 moving violation tickets since I started driving. All in different cars, all in different states.
Damn, I'm just not very happy right now.
sorry to hear this....up here in MA, they look at your past 6 years of driving and those years go towards your points system. they forget all stuff longer than 6 years before the current running policy.....

I had an 54 in 30 and 87 in 55 all within two weeks. After a 200 lawyer fee, I got 2 points and a 150 fine.

I guess I'll start looking for a traffic lawyer to help me out, it's my best bet. Thanks everyone

astral got pulled over twice last saturday up in NH.....got a verbal warning the first time and a ticket the second time for 83 in a 65. figured he would have learned from the verbal warning inthe morning?????

well from my expierence is that ct does not go by points it goes by how many tickets you get per age bracket, i know this because ive taken a drivers retraining coarse twice...which sucks but anyway back to story at hand from what i remember its 1 ticket from 16-18 years of age 2 from 18-25 25-and on i beleive its 3....i cant remember after the 25+ one but i beleive it takes like 3 years for a ticket to come off your record in ct. also from what im told in ct there is no "cop quota" per month as compared to other states

CT cops suck. I had to go to New Haven, or somewhere around there, for pulling 88 in a 55, right around the I-84/I-91 interchange. I got off with a $170 ticket + court fees, not bad since the CT points don't transfer.

lawyers will do wonders...my dad one time got pulled over for speeding and got a hefty ticket...he had a few drinks as well so good thing the cop didnt notice that but anyways...he went to court with it and all he had was to pay a small fee and thats it...it is sometimes easier to fight tickets then anything but its always good to have a lawyer present because you just never know

AromaRoyale said:
CT cops suck. I had to go to New Haven, or somewhere around there, for pulling 88 in a 55, right around the I-84/I-91 interchange. I got off with a $170 ticket + court fees, not bad since the CT points don't transfer.
Awesome. did you use a lawyer too?

well they dont work everytime...i have several speeding stories. i was doin 30 over once on the highway and got pulled. $450 and 6 points. saw a lawyer in town and he got it dropped to $50 and no points. paid him $200 bucks. the 2nd time i was doin 36 over. $500 and 6 points with suspention at the judges discretion. lawyer called judge and cop and cop wouldn't budge. got off tho cuz it turns out my dad knew the judge. $0 and 0points. paid the lawyer $300 for his phone calls. better than no license and $500 bones with an insurance hike:) third time i was doin 146 in a 60 on a 97 honda f3 600R. saw lights and decided the right thing to do was pull over. cop pulled up about a minute later. asked me why i stopped and i told him cuz i didn't feel like running and i thought it was the right thing to do. he asked me what i had done to the bike and i told him all of it. i was totally honest and shaking the whole time. he let me off with a warning. A ******* WARNING! damn i got lucky. so thats my story. but lawyers doing always work so be careful.

edited to add that while on the bike i had on full leathers and a helmet.

a tip about drunk driving tho...i have never driven drunk so i've never been pulled for it but i know that you can refuse a breathylizer until your lawyer is present. well they can't wake your lawyer up for it so they have to wait till morning. they will detain you until your lawyer can be contacted. usually the next morning rolls around and you are no longer over the legal limit so they just charge you with a lesser charge. i would rather have my license suspended or get a reckless charge than a DUI/DWI. that will **** you over big time. i'm not sure if this works in all states but its work in SC and FL. happened to a few friends of mine and they got out of a DUI. anyways, i'm out

Latest posts

Back