winter car

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
have a chance to pick this up for a grand. 350 auto rs. 213K miles. runs very strong, burns no oil, no leaks etc...what do you think?

you might be the 1st person I have ever heard stating they wanted to buy a Camaro/Firebird thinking of it as a 'Winter Car'? No way. I owned one once, they are horrible in the snow. They are aweful to work on and you'll end up doing that allot. Just walk away and go buy a '87 Honda Civic or fnid a really old Subaru instead.

Oops, you're in Boston. Maybe buy a '79 Caprice Classic if you want to compete in the crash derby in your city.

thanks for the feedback. i was only saying winter car because i'd take the p5 off the road, not that i thought this car would be better or even good in snow etc....i guess i should have said "winter beater"!! ya, i suspected winter weather would not be to the liking of this rear wheel drive beast/albatross!

DeanSweet said:
you might be the 1st person I have ever heard stating they wanted to buy a Camaro/Firebird thinking of it as a 'Winter Car'?
My thoughts exactly. :)

Man, this car would be fun for the winter -- in an empty parking lot. It would, however, be about 3x less reliable in the snow than a FF (FWD/ front motor) car.

You want a winter beater, get an old civic, or any 4-banger FF.

Who here thinks Joe just put this up to see how much he'd get bashed?

anywayz... I'd stay the F away from that thing. I mean, over 200k on a freakin camaro?!!! That's the equivalent of a million miles on a mazda!!! While it's dirt cheap, don't forget about all the BS costs involved... like insurance and registration. not to mention the inevitable bill from the mechanic that will undoubtedly resemble the title of certain eminem movie. and I haven't even started on just how bad that thing would be in the snow! (unless you put some winter tires on it and drive it backwards!)

i like it but i would never trust someone sick enough to make a dolphin hump a mail box and put bullet holes on the car... did the odometer roll over yet?

ha, ha!!! the car belongs to my brothers girl in fl, hence the dolphin. everything she owns has a dolphin connected to it. anyway she just bought a new mercedes and shes getting rid of it. that's why i wrote here to see what you guys thought...i guess i found out!! i'll probably pass

hmmm, how soon is she looking to sell? and where in FL is she located i may have a buyer. Do you have more info on the car?

shes got another interested party....i told her that if that fell through let me know. i'll keep you in mind.

213,000 miles?? Wow thats alot. I had a beater 92 Dodge Spirit before I bought my MSP and it had 168,000 miles. I was going for 200,000, but then I crashed it...oops.

runs real strong! she works at a sports bar and had like 2 or 3 people interested in it, but was offering it to me first. oh well, i'll keep driving my truck on the bad days.

blah. Buy it and we can race our wintercars.

My rx-7 againist a camaro. I think I'd win.

I wouldn't buy anything from someone who has a dolphin for a mailbox but that's just me.

Anyway, saying that car is bad in the winter is an understatement. Unless you have very aggressive snow tires and a full tank of gas you'll fish-tail at every intersection and every incline. For $1000 you could find something much more suitable.

My picks from Cars.com...

1991 Audi 100 Quattro in Worcester
1990 Toyota Camry V6 5spd in Providence
1991 SAAB 900S 5spd in Providence
1985 SAAB 900 Turbo
1988 Mazda 626 Turbo in Foxboro

ok, ok !!!!!!!!!!! i didn't buy it. my brothers girl is a dolphin freak, what can i say. anyway she had several other interested buyers in fl that don;t have to worry about fish tailing in the snow, it's already sold.

Back