Good news.. It may be sooner than we think!

MI MSP

Just saw something that was Ford/Mazda Internal and gave my dealer a call and he confirmed (at least for east/midwest dealers) The MSP will begin shipping on Friday!

As usual they will be going by truck so the farther you are away a bit more time.. Now im not sure if they will be selling them immediately or if they will hold them until the Nov 15th for a nationwide launch but at least we can go see em

:D

(mspo)

hope this is true! went to my dealer monday. said they were really close..within a week...but he said he also (salesman) doesn't believe a word his managers say...and now is only beliveing it when he sees it.

i also talked to the general manager of 2 big mazda dealerships. they say they're selling them the second as soon as they get them. not waiting for a certain date. the GM claimed as soon as he sees the truck pull up he's calling my work/home. before it even touches the dealer lot.

Let's hope against hope that Mazda slaps some Black Micas on those trucks as well. I can't wait to see/drive the car but I imagine possibly driving one this weekend and then having to wait until Jan. for my black MSP will be worse than Chinese water torture.

i called a dealership in Syracuse since my local dearler is a complete idiot. The salesman on the phone i spoke with told me late November early December they should start seeing them in adn that he would give me a call. bet your ass i'll be calling him mid novemeber to find out if they're in.

MI MSP said:
Just saw something that was Ford/Mazda Internal and gave my dealer a call and he confirmed (at least for east/midwest dealers) The MSP will begin shipping on Friday!

As usual they will be going by truck so the farther you are away a bit more time.. Now im not sure if they will be selling them immediately or if they will hold them until the Nov 15th for a nationwide launch but at least we can go see em

:D

(mspo)

Where does that leave us west coasters? I know they arrive in the port facility of Port Hueneme, CA......

Well they arrive there but need to have all the modifications added. I don't know who did them out West, but they should be shipping soon as well if the east coast ones are going out.

I'm also in Michigan and am waiting for one as well. did they say anything about havinbg any black ones right away? Is november 15th supposed to be the official launch date?

For people waiting for black Mazdaspeed Proteges:
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm not optimistic about black cars showing up soon. We have seen zero pictures of black cars being assembled in the US. Has anybody seen them at any of the ports? Or at AAI? The only production cars we have seen so far have been orange. I have a feeling all 600 (850 including Canada) orange MS Proteges will be delivered before the first black one is.

No offense, but all you can really do is speculate like the rest of us.
If they are only making 600 or so orange ones and those will be the first to be delivered that means somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 cars per state to be split up for all the dealerships selling mazdaspeeds. Does that mean that is all the mazdaspeeds anyone will see until January or later? That would be hard to believe. Again, just speculating.

MI MSP said:
Supposed to be both colors.. Where are you in MI?

I'll believe it when I see it.....
Ahhhh, the everlasting optimism we convey.

I'm just waiting patiently... like in the dentist's office or at the DMV. Although, the results certainly differ. How about waiting in line to receive an autograph or free gift from ____________? (you fill in the blank)....

A little more Newz

Hey Guys- Just wanted to introduce myself- I'm the Speed Rep here in Cary, NC- and we're as ready to roll as you are. My sources (quite reliable) indicate the Speeds are about to roll out of the port of Jax- save for one missing component- apparently a distribution/logistics issue- Somebody needs to get their ass in gear!

Ya'll know alot more about the Pro than myself on the technical end- but I can still be quite useful, at the least by helping you put one in your driveway! We can assist anyone East of the Mississippi- even including having the Pro transported for you- a relationship with a dealer can be valuable- but if I can save you $1,000- why not?!

I already have 2 deposits for our 5 allocations- but that means you'll have an opening! Shoot me an e-mail or a call- I just got in some sweet brochures today- and of course mazdausa.com has some good stuff- Keep dreaming and let's roll!

:'(

Back