FOGLights

DuCKieMP3

Finally changed my foglight bulbs to superwhite bulbs...they look really nice... a whiter tint with a slight hint of blue...this looks much better than the creamy stock color... It matches my headlights more since I have real Lexus Xenon lights... ABout the blinding... man...cars used to highbeam me left and right after I installed the HIDs... but i didn't care...i thought they were suppose to be that bright until a cop stopped me and asked me if was driving with my highbeams... I just re-aimed the headlights to shine lower and I guessed hopefully that helps... or else i don't give a s***... I love them and I'm not taking them off... Now everything is superwhite or blue... except for the stupid amber sidemarkers...waiting for clear ones... cheap clear ones... $159 is a bit too much... Can anyone get them cheaper???

Check www.nopi.com.
Go there and go to the 2001 protege section and they have clear turn signals for $51.72.
I'm not totaly sure they would fit but I don't know why they wouldn't since the normal proteges have the same headlights. You can check it out and let me know. The also have some clear side markers from Hella that look like they will fit. Thay are under universal parts, then lighting, then side markers(oval type). They are only $14.16. Although I'm not sure if it is for one or two. Let me know if you think these will fit.

Duckie,

I feal ya man!. I installed the H3 bulbs in my fog lights about a month and a half ago. I like the blueish tint that they give off. I also changed my healight bulbs to PIAA Super Platinum White bulbs. I should have changed them to some other color. Have you thought of getting Neons under the body? What about Indigo gauges (Have to pop needles off :( ) !! The only problem I have now is that my gas gauge and my temp gauge are stuck!! My tach is kool, and my Speedo is 5 mph off when over 60! Does anyone know of any Indiglo gauges that don't require you to pull off the needles?

To match the headlights you should change the door light..(the one that comes on when you open the door)They also have the blue tinted lights for that. I picked it up. It's only about $13.00 for two little bulbs. It looks pretty cool at night when you open the door, it's not so blinding. :)

Linuxninja...s****..i just got my indiglos in today...from reading all these posts... s*** looks kinda scary...man... i don't wanna break any needles... heck...I'll just have to really be gentle and be careful... its the EL indiglos and I hope the transformer doesn't go bad on me either...
Newf...just try to find a local performance shop...they sell them there...its probably cheaper... if u order it online...u'll get charge shipping and it ain't worth it...
Keepinitup...true... worried about all the exterior lights, forgot the easier interior lights...hehe... i have a extra set of blue lights for the inside too...YES!!! but i did install blue neons under the dash...they light up the pedals pretty nice... thanks for all the help guys... I'll get pics up by 2morrow... ;)

Ben...those clear turn signals won't fit our MP3s... our MP3s use one whole headlight assembly... the other proteges uses the two piece ones... The only way to make it clear is by taking the headlamp apart and pulling out the amber cover... or buying the Protege5s headlights which is too expensive... uh I'll leave it the way it is...hehe But those hella side markers look very interesting... I wonder if they fit... pretty cheap too....HMmnn... Hey if anyone is near a NOPI store...y don't u MP3 guys pick it up and try and let us know... I don't wanna pay for the shipping only to find out it doesn't fit...hehe :D

Hey Linuxninga,
Where are you at in Arlington? I came from there to got to college here in Auburn, AL,.....WAR EAGLE! Me and my wife are moving back to Dallas after college. We will be there for Xmas and New Years though. Are there a lot of MP3's there? We will be in Mesquite whe we are there. We'll have to get togethet or something. Later. :D

Duckie...about the neons under the dash...where, how much and is it easy to install? Where exactly did you put it?

The neon sticks were about 10" and I got an installer to put them on for me for about $30 ...they placed them under the dash... where all the wires are... He used those zip tides to lock them to the dash... i'll try to get the pics... hard to explain... just place ur head inside the car and look up and u'll see an opening ...

Hey everyone,
I just installed new fog and headlights in my MP3. I got them from AutoZone. It's a much better deal than at NOPI or any where else. I put Ultra White H3's in the fog lights and Sylvania Cool Blue in the headlights.(I'm not sure if I spelled Sylvania right) Anyways. What I did was pretty dishonest but it's much cheaper this way. I first bought the fog light bulbs, installed them and realized that they looked very similar to the factory ones. So I put the factory ones back in the box and returned them to AutoZone and bought the Cool Blues for the headlights. All together it cost me $11.83. Not bad for four new high quality bulbs. I don't recomend this for anyone to do, but it worked. I'm so ashamed,... but I do have cool new looking lights to cheer me up. :p

Back