Some audio advice?

CarRookie

Hi guys,

It's my first posting here. I'm getting my first-ever car, mazda3 sport hatchback tomorrow =) I'm thinking to modify the stock audio unit, but I'm not too sure what I can/can't do....so I need some advices~~

So, I want to modify my car audio so that it plays cd/mp3, but the factory unit only plays CDs not mp3s (I didn't buy the mp3 player option). I got this Panasonic mp3/wma head unit from my friend, so I'd like to replace the stock CD player with my mp3 head unit, BUT I want to keep the center console face plate (I like the look... ). I don't really want to pull out the entire center console and install my mp3 receiver with a mounting kit.....it doesn't look as good anymore......
So, any advice on this plz? Thanks!! ^^

You'll have to replace the stock radio if you want to use your radio. You could leave the stock radio in and maybe mount the radio in the glovebox. This would still render the stock radio useless and just leave the look.

So if I mount my radio in the glovebox and leave the useless stock radio, will the wheel stereo control be able to control my radio? And I guess if I want to do that, the mounting kit will be custom-made? @@ Any idea how much it's gonna cost? Thanks~~

CarRookie said:
So if I mount my radio in the glovebox and leave the useless stock radio, will the wheel stereo control be able to control my radio? And I guess if I want to do that, the mounting kit will be custom-made? @@ Any idea how much it's gonna cost? Thanks~~
No
Yes
Atleast $100

If you like the stock look so much, you really should just get the stock MP3 player. The factory radio isn't that bad, and you can always add an amp or two later.

-Chris

Back