HELPPP PLEASE headunit not working

az7

:
04 Nordic Green 3i
i tried to install my sytem and spliced the 12v ignition wire to run my remote wire tap in on.........i reconnected the wire but my headunit will not turn on........what is wrong

I assume you were trying to add an amplifier?

Which wire did you tap?
How did you tap it?
What is it connected to?
How are you getting audio signal to the amp?

The 2 things to do first, is see if you blew a fuse. If you did replace it. However only if you shorted the power wires should that fuse blow.

The other thing is ti disconnect your connetions you made behind the radio and patch the wires. Then try turning it on again.

thx guys i didnt even think to check that out...........i just cut the 12v ignition wire and made t-splice with the remote wire.....the remote is going to my amp......i'm using a loc to get signal to my amp but that is not hooked up the only wire i have touched so far is the 12v ignition

az7 said:
thx guys i didnt even think to check that out...........i just cut the 12v ignition wire and made t-splice with the remote wire.....the remote is going to my amp......i'm using a loc to get signal to my amp but that is not hooked up the only wire i have touched so far is the 12v ignition
The fuse isn't going to blow unless you shorted the cut wire to ground. It soulds like you made a bad connetion. I would strip all 3 wires and twist them together, tape them up and see if that works. T-taps are terrbile connections.

The best way is to strip off a segment of the wires jacket, seperate the strainds and thread the other wire through and twist it around the first. You can tape it or solder and tape it at this point and it will never come loose.

thx for the help man.......i will do what you said instead of t-splicing it when i reconnect it............it ended up being the fuse blowing..........i feel like an idiot didnt even think to look at that

Back