Toronto star Driver source

tritonheat1

Banned
:
06 MS6, 98 A4 1.8T Rebuilt
ok am i tripping or what cause if you read down the article it say's:

we did not get a chance to glock the mazdaspeed protege's time,
but they are aiming for the 0-100kmh time of 5.9seconds:eek: and i bet they were not off by a bit at all. due to blah blah blah. Ok i don't know the #'s on the MS-P but first it was around the 6.4-6.7sec range and now a (5.9second) :eek: whoa if it's true then so be ittttt..... http://www.autonet.ca/driversource/stories.cfm?storyid=6756

speeeeeeeeed

I really doubt its going to have 5.9 0-60, i mean mazda may have hoped but seeing that all the tests range around 6.4-6.5 im just going to go with that. Maybe upone breaking in more it may yield better times.

You have to keep in mind, that these times are being run by a professional driver. All the times 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile are all determined by the driver. So most likely probably around the 6.5 will be the most common.

I think they are all too low really. I'm guessing maybe 6.9-7.2. Didn't callaway themselves say that is was almost impossible to to break the 7.0 sec mark because it was very tricky as to when to shift from 2nd to 3rd? Keep in mind, this car only has 170hp. 5.9 sec...that's wrx type time....and that has a lot more then 170hp.

Back