FS: Mazda Factory Trunk Utility Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGKAuten

Contributor
:
2003 Mazda Protege 5
I just built a false floor setup in the trunk of my 2003 Mazda Protege 5 and I now no longer have a need for the utility tray that comes with the car. It's the little tray that surrounds your spare tire and holds your jack arm and has the storage space for other emergency items. Just thought I would put it up on here in case someone has a need for it. Make me and offer.

~G

109_0986.JPG

Last edited:
if kona doesn't take it, i might.
what is the part # of that thing so i can check the price?

it was an option on 03'5 cars (maybe 03 too). if you didn't want the roofracks, you got a subwoofer in the spare tire and in order for the floor to be flat they installed this under tray over the sub to create flat floor.

Last edited:
GGKAuten said:
I just built a false floor setup in the trunk of my 2003 Mazda Protege 5 and I now no longer have a need for the utility tray that comes with the car. It's the little tray that surrounds your spare tire and holds your jack arm and has the storage space for other emergency items. Just thought I would put it up on here in case someone has a need for it. Make me and offer.

~G

http://gkauten.excitewebpages.com/userimages/109_0986.JPG
(off topic)
How about that motherboard?
j/k

If you're interested, you should come on out to the local Mazda meets.
It's always loads of fun.

Ok so yes my room is a mess and yes I have random computer parts lying around as well as other random goodies. But as for the Ramen....dont mess with that! Haha for 4$ you can eat like a poor child for a week. Thats what happens when you put your car before your eating habits ;-).

Anyways, yes this was a factory option. I got suckered into their "Premier Powered Sub" what a rip off! Haha! But at least I didnt get stuck with the roof racks. It is available from Mazda as is most everything else, if you like paying stupid money for everything.

I just sort of assumed everyone's car came with this piece and thought maybe someone would need another one. I am surprised to hear that some cars actually didnt have it. Anyways the height on this unit is about 3.25 inches. When you lower the seats everything is almost completely flat, there is still a slight offset slanting up to the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back