paint

:
07 F150 HD
anyone know what the deal is with this orange paint? is it gonna be a pain in the ass, or expensive, for me to get extra quantities of it to paint body accessories and stuff with?

also, on a side note......im interested in color-shifting paint. the stuff that looks blue at one angle or green at another etc.....where do ppl get this done? I have seen duplicolor.com but im looking maybe for a place where I can mix and match my own colors, or maybe a place that sells real quantities of it and not just spray paint cans.......

any info is appreciated!

slug420 said:
anyone know what the deal is with this orange paint? is it gonna be a pain in the ass, or expensive, for me to get extra quantities of it to paint body accessories and stuff with?

also, on a side note......im interested in color-shifting paint. the stuff that looks blue at one angle or green at another etc.....where do ppl get this done? I have seen duplicolor.com but im looking maybe for a place where I can mix and match my own colors, or maybe a place that sells real quantities of it and not just spray paint cans.......

any info is appreciated!

I don't think it will be a pain in the butt to get paint for painting body panels...

the color shifting paint you are talking about, commonly refered to as Chameleon Paint. its VERY VERY expensive....I mean like $4000 to $6000 for a paint job.

Nuke - even more.. some of that stuff runs up to around 10k a gallon!!

As for this color, its called a tri-coat. My Zn also came with it.. it is a bit more expensive for paint, but not horribly.

The shifting paint, Cameleon color is effectively expensive but not that much MI MSP. I did my bike 2 years ago with that paint. I costed me $800 for a quart of paint (enough for a bike) . Depending on the brand, it can cost something between $1000 and $2000 a gallon.

Like MI MSP said, it's a 3 coats system. Base flat color, cameleon color and clear coat.

Here's a picture of my bike in BASF Rainbow color (the name of the shifting paint from BASF). If you look the front of the bike, you can see that it look like blue, the middle part look purple and the back has bronze reflect. The part with the design was done with regular paint. It's only the background that was done with the Rainbow paint.

r1stou.jpg

Like Nuke said, you can expect to pay something between $4000 and $6000 for a paint job on a car.

Back