MSP keys

hey.

Last night my cousin came over with her brand new 2003 Protege 5 in white. It had aggresive looking blacked-out housing, clear side marker, new alloy 16's and tiptronic transmission.

Everything on the '03 looked great, then i asked her, can i see the key. She hands me her key and in my mind i said ':wtf: ' is this? The key doesn't look anything different from my aunt's 1987 Corolla. The Key itself seems to be very cheap.

Can anyone verify that for Mazdaspeed Protege isn't getting this key?

I'm currently driving a 2003 Honda Civic LX and it's got one of those new 'wave cut' design. I am hoping that MS-P will have a key just like it.

Why would the key for a MSP be any different than any other 2003 Protege? Your MSP will have the same key.

Oh, that explains it. When I was checking out the GTI, the dealer kept on trying to impress me with that switchblade-like key. Apparently, this technique works on some people. I'm sorry, but who gives a s***? (moon)

i think thats awesome. the laser cut switch blade type key. but.......certainly not a factor when buying a car

Yeah.......I was hoping to get a cool key with the MSP....:'(
I had that switch blade key for my Jetta & GTI, it was fun to show it off to some people, they were mostly amazed by it.......
I still have it for memories.........

We should have a nice key for a car that they are only making 2thousand of. Why not have a diffrent key?

yea i hate those switchblade keys from vw's, girls always stab me with them at school, playfully, but still it ******* hurts.

Not to mention the cost of replacing one of those switchblade keys. My Audi dealer told me it was $150 to replace the key for my TT. Ouch!

Jonny

I have always thought the VW keys were very cool! As for the MSP or any Mazda having different keys, that would be kinda unrealistic as it would be a lot of added expense to design special keys and possibly a different ignition system.

Are we talking about the same key here? Mine is silver with a black plastic thing at the top...and maybe a mazda logo. Looks fine...like every other key out there...

Sure, the VW ones are hip. But who cares? It's a key. It works fine.

i like the protege keys; thin like a key should be. i don't like the additional bulge created in my jeans from large keys...;)

Back