Mazda6s rim on Mazda3?

dulog

:
3 hatch
I know someone with a Mazda6s interested in getting chrome rims as they don't like their silver finish. So I was curious if anyone knew much about the rims because I might see if I could by them from him if they would work well on the Mazda3. I'm not sure what the weight is, it they are much more I'm not sure if I'd want to buy them. I'm not sure what the offset is and if it would be ok on the Mazda3 either. All I know is they are a half an inch wider (7 instead of 6.5)

I was already thinking that once I was due for new tires I might get slightly wider rims and tires. Before this I was thinking of a 17*7.5 rim and 225 45 17 tires, but if these Mazda6 rims would work ok I'd probably do 215 50 17 instead if I could get a good deal on them.

well mazda6 wheels weigh 21.1lbs as seen here but i dunno how heavy mazda3 wheels are

i'd go with 225/45/17 as the diference from stock 205/50/17 is only 0.4% whereas it's 1.6% in the 215/50/17 size courtesy of tirecalc

Last edited:
Mz 3 wheels are 22lbs.

Not much gained or lost by swapping to the 6 rims.
The 3 offset is +52.5, so if the 6 rims are offset as listed, you are actually making your track narrower (imagine pushing in each rim by 1/4").

Unless they are free, you are much better off getting some aftermarket rims in the +45/+48 offset range, and lose some weight too.

Lots of aftermarket rims in the $100-$120 each range with better offset and better looks.

Thanks for the input. If he ends up getting new wheels I don't think I'm that interested with this in mind. He's not necessarily looking to get different sized wheels, so would it be a realistic option for him to get his current wheels chrome plated? He likes his wheels other than the silver finish...he just wants chrome.

I'm trying to stay on topic here, but what is the actual width and amount of offset +/- on the steel wheels on a 2005 Mazda 3i? Are the alloy option the same? I'm assuming that the alloys will be lighter than the steelies. If not what is the closest aftermarket wheels to that size?
Lator.....

Back