Show Off Ure Rims Thread

crzygosu87

:
2004 Mazda 6s
Im trying to get some rims but iono wut looks good on da 6s...so please post away some pics of ure kewl rims...i see some kewl ones on the road...really kewl ones lol (shocked)

new6.jpg

SSR Comp's
17x8 +48 offset
225/45/17 Toyo T1-S
Weight: 34.2 lbs (Tire + Wheel combined, vs stock weight of 46)
Rear fenders rolled

Moving to 235/40/17 Toyo T1-R's or Falken RT-615's next year when available.

I forget the exact pricing (was over a yr ago), but somewhere around 300ish to 350ish a rim.

Always costs more when you go lightweight forged!

that's not too bad at all.. I hate to rip off your idea, but I'm seriously considering picking up a set of those now

Go for it. Others have already ripped it off :). I was only unique for about 2 months. Heh.

Btw these do require rolling your rear fenders for fitment. After rolling the fenders however, 235/40/17's will fit. With performance tires (please don't insult the rims by putting all-seasons on) these are possibly the highest performance rims in the 17 inch category. To get better performance, you have to drop down to 16's.

SSR Comps are also vulnerable to potholes. So if you've got an excessive amount in your area, you may want to go for 235/45/17, though it won't look as hot as the 235/40/17.

For tires I'd recommend...

Toyo T1-S (For general street performance/wet performance)
Falken Azenis Sports (For Autox/Track/Street)
Kumho MX (For inbetween the Azenis and Toyo's)

sean,

I hope you already ordered, cause SSR declared bankrupcy a few months ago...the pricing on the rims increased almost 100 bucks per rim! :( I was just about to buy a spare too :(.

never got around to it actually.. I was gonna do it in may when I graduate from SJU but I suppose that's not gonna happen now.. the search continues..

(plus conshy is pothole town USA)

I originally was gonna change my rims to something else but it's pothole city here, almost craters lol. And it takes months till they patch them up. So I am going to stay stock :)

Yup, SSR declared bankrupcy. They still aren't gone for good, but they've stopped production. Wheel prices are soaring. I'm almost considering selling mine in a few months and buying some fikse's.

try and see if you can still find them If you want them bad enough ;) I can't find any rims to look better than stock other than TSW Apex and they dissapeared off the face of the earth at $125 a rim!

Latest posts

Back