Remote Start for Manual Tran.

Well, I finally have my car running again and now its on to getting it ready for Winter...I have the Compustar remote starter which it says will work for the manual transmission but I have yet to come across a company that will install it for me...

I had a contact at best buy in Brockton, MA but he left the company...so I went to the best buy in Braintree and they said that they dont install any alarm system thats not there own????? MHL in Randolph,MA does starters for the manual but again it has to be there own....

So is there anyone that knows someone that can install this alarm for me??????
If not I have to put this thing up for sale....

Jeremy

Pirana in TX :), maybe 1sty could guide ya, but it looks liek a self install.

my buddy out at Rayco (shrews) installed my viper last year. It is nice......can probably get a quote for you if you want Jeremy. do you have the neutral switch for the 5-speed? let me know.....

ryan

Protege52003 said:
my buddy out at Rayco (shrews) installed my viper last year. It is nice......can probably get a quote for you if you want Jeremy. do you have the neutral switch for the 5-speed? let me know.....

ryan
Yes, the protege has a nuetral saftey swtch at the tranny.

I can certainly give it a good go with you. Unfortunitly I haven;t done many remote starters or any compustars. But its all basicly the same thing :D

kyredp5 has the compustar on his. im not sure if he installed it himself or not though

Stay away from Best Buy! If you say you have a 'contact' you should contact him directly and pay him under the table.

Anyway, if 1st is too busy you could try Driver's Side in Plainville (Rte 1 about a mile or so north of 495). I had them do my window tint and I know they do a decent job with stereo installs and other electronics. I would trust them before taking my car to a retail store like Best Buy or Circuit City.

protege52003, I will check to see if it is the original box...

1sty, If your available let me know....I dont mind driving up to NH...im on vacation this whole week.

Chuyler1: I was suppose to drop the car off by best buy and he would have installed it himself for me...he has the compustar on his car but, it was the same time I was having problems with the pr5. he's hard to get a hold of...and I need it done before the rest of them snow flurries turn into snow.

Jeremy

I was wondering if anyone could draw up a diagram and list what is needed to do the remote start. I have the prestige aps-996a alarm on my car and want remote start. But wherever I go they say they dont wanna touch it because if it is left in gear the car will take off.

vindication said:
I was wondering if anyone could draw up a diagram and list what is needed to do the remote start. I have the prestige aps-996a alarm on my car and want remote start. But wherever I go they say they dont wanna touch it because if it is left in gear the car will take off.

Vindication: That is why I went with the compustar system....the way it was explained to me is:

1. you set the remote start while the car is still running just to have it active....somewhat of a turbo timer...
2. you then remove the key and it will keep the car running....now in order for you to get out the car you would have had to put it in nuetral.
3. If the brake release is down while you try to set it up for remote start it wouldnt complete the connection.
4. also if the car is running and the e-brake was released the car would shut down...

After the guy explained it to me I was sold......MHL in RAndolph, MA does manual trans. starters but at $150.00 on top of the alarm itself.....so you can be in the range of $400.00 just for the set up...

Jeremy

supa saiyan pr5 said:
protege52003, I will check to see if it is the original box...

1sty, If your available let me know....I dont mind driving up to NH...im on vacation this whole week.

Chuyler1: I was suppose to drop the car off by best buy and he would have installed it himself for me...he has the compustar on his car but, it was the same time I was having problems with the pr5. he's hard to get a hold of...and I need it done before the rest of them snow flurries turn into snow.

Jeremy
I can certainly give you a hand but its going to take some time as we wil be manual reading bitches for a while. :D

My garage is large enough and semi heated.

vindication said:
Go to the car audio section and look in the "Remote Starter and Alarm" Sticky

supa saiyan pr5 said:
Vindication: That is why I went with the compustar system....the way it was explained to me is:

1. you set the remote start while the car is still running just to have it active....somewhat of a turbo timer...
2. you then remove the key and it will keep the car running....now in order for you to get out the car you would have had to put it in nuetral.
3. If the brake release is down while you try to set it up for remote start it wouldnt complete the connection.
4. also if the car is running and the e-brake was released the car would shut down...

After the guy explained it to me I was sold......MHL in RAndolph, MA does manual trans. starters but at $150.00 on top of the alarm itself.....so you can be in the range of $400.00 just for the set up...

Jeremy
Yep, most remote starter have leads to monitor the position of the E-brake aswell. Its just that they aren't terribly useful on an auto as they can't be started in gear.

1sty said:
I can certainly give you a hand but its going to take some time as we wil be manual reading bitches for a while. :D

My garage is large enough and semi heated.

Just let me know....the kit came with a bunch of wires and sensors and antenna and man this might be a beating(wow) ..hahahah

Jeremy

I called compustar to get some info and they have authorize installers in the area....checked one out on a quote and boy the $$$$$ is high...
one installer said $300.00 and the next one said $500.00 this price is just for installing the unit....(omg)

Jeremy

subscribed. Please post your install because I will be installing a compustar on my manual in the following months...:D

I have to go to my girlfriends parents house on satureday but I could help out sunday if you like.

Back