Header Question?

CFOLEY442

:
PROTEGE 5
i have a obx header on my protege5, i just noticed that i need to get a inspection this month, i am not throwing a cel, should i have a problem with ma, inspection?

find a place that will not fail you for visual inspection. as long as you are not passing a CEL you should be fine......

CFOLEY442 said:
I Got A Great Deal On A Obx, From Someone After I Sold My Wagner.
better gains over the wagner???? and how much lounder without first cat????

You prolly will pass, when I went they just plugged it right into the obdII port, didnt even inspect it. I dont know if that first cat will show up or not........it might, but it might not....good luck.

Chris

SpicyMchaggis said:
You will NOT pass emissions with an OBX header. Just so you know.
depending on who you go to. the guy that does my car, says that as long as i am not passing a CEL he would pass the inspection. he wold disregard the fact the pre-cat is missing.

-R

the rear catylst CEL is considered a code. And even with a MIL fix, you will NOT pass inspection. I'm talking about if you just roll up to an inspection station and try to get it done..With any header you won't pass..The wagner shorty being the exception. When they do the sniffer portion of the test the header puts our cars over the ULEV rating. Thusly, you fail.

SpicyMchaggis said:
the rear catylst CEL is considered a code. And even with a MIL fix, you will NOT pass inspection. I'm talking about if you just roll up to an inspection station and try to get it done..With any header you won't pass..The wagner shorty being the exception. When they do the sniffer portion of the test the header puts our cars over the ULEV rating. Thusly, you fail.
unless you know the guy and he will help you out a little.......

SpicyMchaggis said:
those guys don't exist in CT..not anymore. Only out in the boondocks.
tough to find here in MA, but they are still out there. the new emmission test has changed again because the one they were originally using was so cost-inefficient and costing inspection places a forture.

Back