I have........

Silver-P5

given up on the MSP.

Bought a WRX this evening, traded the P5 in. For those who are still waiting, I hope you enjoy the car.:)

congrats....sorry to lose one of our own...but hey....the AWD will server you well up in the "great white north". happy driving.

Silver-P5 said:
given up on the MSP.

Bought a WRX this evening, traded the P5 in. For those who are still waiting, I hope you enjoy the car.:)

congrats! a choice i almost made. but everyone in my town has a wrx. i'll wait for the mazda and save 25-3500...but boy is a wrx quick!

get that boost controller of ASAP and have somer real fun.
Enjoy the Suby.:)

kenoka - I got the wagon. Can you say sleeper?:D

Antoine - You jerk!! lol.......I already have a Honda, but it's out of commission for a while.:p

Silver-P5 said:
given up on the MSP.

I am very close to doing this as well, how much was the WRX?

Re: Re: I have........

digi168 said:

I am very close to doing this as well, how much was the WRX?

The final price came out to $39,2xx, for a 2003 WRX wagon 5spd. I also had the dealer add the 3M stoneguard tape to the hood, front bumper, fog lights and side mirrors. It also came with the factory immobolizer or whatever. It's called MagTec. I'm pretty sure I could've knocked the price down a bit more, but I was trading a car in, so yeah.

Seeing as how you're in BC and have to pay for PST( :bs: ), $41K is what I would pay at the most.

Good luck.:)

Last edited:
I believe according to Car and Driver the Protege5 has better handling than the WRX, wagon OR sedan... heh

i'm contemplating going the same route. i really want the MSP, but not if i have to wait till spring ffor mazda to figure out how to manufacture it.

To be honest I wish U had bought a WRX instead. Especialy becuse of the winter where I live.

I have thought about getting a WRX for some time, fun to drive, but I think the exterior and interior styling is a little blah for me. I like the body style that is going to be the '04 model, have you seen the new FIA WRX? Good luck with the WRX, it is a great car, AWD kicks ass.

Back