Fuel Consumption

Mikey444

:
Mazda 3 & RX-8
To date, I have paid 466.17 CAD $ in gas since I have my car, August 15th. I have the MTX V6. I got 4700 kilometers on the car, so it's just about 1 dollar of gas for every 11-13 kilometers that I drive. Prices of gas since I bought my car have varied from 82.9 cents a liter up to 99.9 cents a liter. Would be nice to know everyones thoughts and coments. To your opinion, do I burn a lot of gas? What are your fuel expenses up to this range of mileage?

Mileage taken during breakin in a futile gesture.

Wait till you have about 5k-10k miles on the car, then start doing mileage comparison. Don't do them per fillup, but an average over a month or two.

Mileage

I have 1200 miles on my 6S MTX as of yesterday... I do a daily commute of about 20 miles to work (one-way) in city traffic, but it varies - sometimes I can cruise almost all the way to work without hitting many lights between 45-65 mph top speeds - I usually cruise in fourth when possible, rarely shift to fifth. On the way home, traffic is pretty brutal, stop and go crap usually. My mileage has been 22-24 mpg so far, which I consider decent. It does hurt a bit when gas prices are high as heck here though. I am still getting used to seeing the $$ amount for a 15-16 gallon fill up @ $2.25 or more.

I work 5 days a week, and it seems like the commute for one week to WORK and BACK consumes about a half a tank... so I can get about two weeks of commuting from a tank... if there are any highway miles, they are racked up over the weekend.

Last edited:
Dawei213 said:
Once you start modding and having so fun much, you'll won't ever start to car about gas mileage.
I aint going to do any mods affecting horsepower. 220 is enough for me. I will just do stuff to improove handling and a litle bit of appearence. tail lights, xenon's, lower the car ( new springs and shock absorbers), new lighter wheels, same size as stock with almost same offset, and new stickier tires, once again, same size as stock, just stickier.

Dawei213 said:
Once you start modding and having so fun much, you'll won't ever start to car about gas mileage.

i just want to make mine look sexier with xenons and some gunmetal rims... but i wouldn't might increasing the torque up a lil... not crazzzy mods like a blower/turbo :p

but yea... i love ur black beauty bro :) you got HIDs on them? pics?

Back