Hi Rev Tuners

PR5hokie

Don't know if any of you have seen this or not but it's a program on the "Speedvision" channel. Last night I was flipping between this program and others and the West Wings MP3 was featured. There was also a yellow Protege5 but they didn't talk about it. From what I was picking up it's a regularly scheduled program on this channel. Maybe I'm behind the power curve but I thought I'd let you all know.

Matt

you mean that godforsaken show "High Rice Stunnerz?" :D :D (rofl)

if you're talking about the blond girl YES she is very HOTT (yes)

the asian girl is so-so

and the dude is just a plain dumbass that has no clue what he's talking about.

and craploads of product plugs from APC (the main sponsor of this show :rolleyes: )

I have found a good way to make the show semi-bearable. while watching the show, mute the sound, and turn on your favorite loud music, then it's just looking at n(r)ice looking cars without the useless comments they have on the show :D

Yes, last night it was hilareous. The dude said the WW MP3 "had big wheels as in 17's", get your facts straight dumbass. The show is just plain stupid. Might as well turn the mute on just to see the cars.

PS-according to what they showed last night, APC makes their body kits and CF hoods in-house.

Just FYI - that's a paid program. I've got the price list here - here's a highlight:

20-35 second product profile, three key points, approximate cost and company name: $6,000

2 minute performance feature describing what something does, how it works what it can do for viewers cars. $16,500

3 minute featured vehicle. $21,500

Keith

wait, Keith, you're telling me that people are paying that dufus dude to talk gibberish for 30 seconds about some parts that he seems to have no clue how it works???? that's not very good advertisement!!! (well except the airtime that is...)

Me an a spider monkey named Bobo could do a better show for $100 and a case of Labatts.

I agree with the hosting on the show, it sucks ass!!! The asian chick at least knows how to talk. The blonde chick and the dude gotta go!!! The dudes' favorite line is "as you can see" or "as you can tell", arrrggghhhh, I just wanna punch him in the face everytime he says that. I saw the asian chick at NOPI, if I would have seen the dude, I would have told him to learn how to talk. As far as the cars go, well, I view the show just like TF&F, it may be kinda cliche and there may be what a lotta people call "rice" mobiles, but at least there is a show on TV that features sport compact cars in general. There are some nice cars on there, there are some cars that are all show and there are some that are show and go. At any rate, for those that watch the show, we should start a petition to get that dude removed and the blonde for that matter. Just my .02

peace
Griff

oh, there are most def some nice, non-rice cars on there. Sure, they may have 900 lbs of body kits, but there was a twin-turbo miata on there that almost gave me a stiffie. And a 91240SX that was so beautiful, ESPECIALLY the engine, that I did in fact "pop wood."

Ann Poonkasem (the asian) is a former Miss Tampa who graduated magna cum laude from USF with degrees in music and mass communications. She's also worked as an achor, reporter and producer.

Ray Cardona designs and tests aftermarket components with C&R Racing. He's also served as crew chief on Kevin Bunch's honda racer. "Rob will use this technical expertise...to inform and educate the viewers..."

Katrina Fraze has worked as a consumer affairs coordinator for SEMA and now has her own PR firm. "An avid motorsports fan, Katrina drives her own tricked-out Honda, which makes her a natural candidate to guide viewers through the products and lifestyles of the sports compact scene".

...says the press release.

Keith

That show sucks ass. They just show the stuff on the car, never what it does or the specs. I hate that show, what a waste of time.

I agree with most of you in saying that the show is flat out GHEY, but it's still a show talking about and featuring imports. So if I'm home when it comes on, I'll watch it. I don't care to much for the hosts at all and the always point out the cars with nice paint jobs, but hey, I'll take what I can get. Some of us have to remember that mainstream America isn't into import cars that produce serious power, they're into cars that have blingy wheels and nice paint jobs. Kinda sucks, but we were all into that part of the import world at onetime or another.

Yea I heard it was cool from some people at school and I kept getting so pissed of at the things they said like the s*** headed fat guy said that the tubomainfold was tweaked out but he was pointing out the intake manifold. Yup he pisses me off and they always say can you tell me more about this... Yup and his fancy red tinted carbon fiber look. Hella gay.

OK lets just replace the dink with Bobo the spyder monkey, keep the chicks.

APEXistud said:
I agree with most of you in saying that the show is flat out GHEY, but it's still a show talking about and featuring imports. So if I'm home when it comes on, I'll watch it. I don't care to much for the hosts at all and the always point out the cars with nice paint jobs, but hey, I'll take what I can get. Some of us have to remember that mainstream America isn't into import cars that produce serious power, they're into cars that have blingy wheels and nice paint jobs. Kinda sucks, but we were all into that part of the import world at onetime or another.

I don't agree with the idea that just because a car has a nice paint job that it can't be fast and on the same token just because a car is fast does not mean that is should not look good. This is a "sport" for a lot of people and if you expect to do well in it, you must have a complete package, and yes looks are part of that package as well as performance. If you are only a performance nut, and you aren't into the show aspect of the sport, then how your car looks may not matter to you. I will make one note though, if someone see's you car setting in a lot somewhere and it if fast, they cannot tell, the only thing they may think (if they even notice it) is that it is just another clunker. I have spent money on my car (240SX) trying to make it look good, sound good and perform well. I have recently decided that it is still lacking in the performance dept and is in need of a motor swap. APEXistud is right, we all start somewhere and most of us go after looks first, whether is be that is all we care about, or that is all we have the ability to perform ourselves. For most people, this is where the passion starts. I guess in the end, to each their own. I hope this made sense, lol, it has been a long day. :(

peace
Griff

ya know...the lines that they give the hosts are just so lame...anyone that knows ANYTHING about the cars they are lookin at could come up with a better script....and RAY has got to learn how to read without it sounding like he is seeing the words for the first time....better scripting...and learning how to read...would do the show wonders.

Back