Has anyone installed a turbo timer on a MSM yet?

Balla

I have a few gauges and a turbo timer that I want to install in my mazdaspeed Miata, and I was just wondering if there was a write up or how-to on here somewhere. Basically all I want to know with the gauges is where to go through the firewall. Thanks in advance.

There should be rubber grommets in the firewall on the pax side you can cut holes in or stick the wires behind.

it should be the same as the MSP... I'm assuming the wiring harness under the steering column is the same... there should be a write-up in the How-to... thats where Albert and I found the writeup to do mine...

The wiring harness for the MSM is the exact same as the 93-95 Rx7. If you have a GReddy or an Apexi turbo timer there are plug in harnesses available that will allow you to not have to cut/splice any wiring on your car. (maybe other brands too, but I know those are out there)

rx7gslse said:
The wiring harness for the MSM is the exact same as the 93-95 Rx7. If you have a GReddy or an Apexi turbo timer there are plug in harnesses available that will allow you to not have to cut/splice any wiring on your car. (maybe other brands too, but I know those are out there)

Thanks for the tip. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the harness off hand would you? I'm going to check out the FD forums now...

rx7gslse said:
sorry... no picture. but its an off the shelf item, so you should be able to purchase one with no issue..

I meant of where the harness is located in the car. Also, I have an air/fuel gauge, does anyone have an ECU pinout diagram or something that shows which wire to tap on the ECU for the O2 signal?

Balla said:
I meant of where the harness is located in the car. Also, I have an air/fuel gauge, does anyone have an ECU pinout diagram or something that shows which wire to tap on the ECU for the O2 signal?
I've got the factory manuals.. I'll look up which ECU pin to tap into tonight

I guess i should have asked when I asked for the O2 pin, but could you check the manual for the RPM signal too? (help)

Youre the man. One last Q, on the pinout in the Flyin Miata directions the pins are all blurry and 3O looks like 3D. I'm pretty sure that 3O is grey/black, but I can't really tell. If I start on this before you reply I'll just vampire tap both before I solder anything to figure it out. Thanks alot dude (hi)

Back