Mazdaspeed Pro listed on CarsDirect.com

Kenp1972

I just saw that the MSP is listed on CarsDirect. Guess what their best price is ...... $23,500!(shocked)

They have MSRP at $20,500 and Invoice at $19,036

Expect much higher at the dealers.

This is not good...I was wondering when they would list the MSP.

Carsdirect usually has very competitive pricing...if they list 23, 500...then definitely expect high markups from most dealers...at least they will try to screw you over.

What is going on here....this isn't one of the new Mini's...not looking good people...I hope all of you who have put a deposit down and were told you would not get a markup...don't be so sure...We are talking about dealers here...remember:rolleyes:

I forecast we will see a lot of angry posts once the MSP is at the dealers...markup mania?

I hope not...

doh,,,,,um,,,,,,uim too tired to actually make a coherent post, bit screw paying over MSRP, f*** the dealers and theur mafia. assholes

also, for 24k i think i will be sayin f*** u mazdaspeed, especaily since ive been led on by mazda that the price would be very close to 20k. YES 4k is that big of a difference for me. so instead i will probabaly get a beater used car now and f** mazda cuz they are pissin me off, and i necer thoud id say that, but then again i am sooooooo f* tired but............ :(

My dealer is selling my MSP to me for sticker, I have already drawn up a contract for it, I put $1,000 down refundable deposit. There is now ay I would pay anymore for the MSP, for a couple thousand more I would sure be buying a diff. car. I just hope that it gets here soon.

my friend on long island has been shopping for a dealer in his area and the prices he has been quoted are anywhere from $1000 over MSRP all the way up to $5000 over MSRP.

A little gouging is one thing, if people werent willing to pay it, they wouldnt do it...but $5000 over sticker price is insane.

but $5000 over sticker price is insane.

:wtf:

Call MAZDA NA!!! Report the dealer! :mad:

I think we should have a list going of dealers...which ones have marked up...which havent......report the findings to MAZDA...do things in large numbers...get results!

NA and Canada

Antoine said:

:wtf:

Call MAZDA NA!!! Report the dealer! :mad:

I think we should have a list going of dealers...which ones have marked up...which havent......report the findings to MAZDA...do things in large numbers...get results!

NA and Canada

i agree. im sure mazda wants the cars selling at 20K, because one of the big selling points about this car was the cost. they dont want dealers taking advatnage of the situation and i think dealers that try to, should be punished or penalized.

hey Fins.....where in CT are you? what dealer did you buy from?

If your friend from LI doesnt mind a little drive, my dealer is in thomaston CT which isnt TOO terribly far and is selling for msrp...

SpecialK said:
My dealer is selling my MSP to me for sticker, I have already drawn up a contract for it, I put $1,000 down refundable deposit. There is now ay I would pay anymore for the MSP, for a couple thousand more I would sure be buying a diff. car. I just hope that it gets here soon.

Ditto i did the same thing, Plus my at my dealership the owner does not believe in jacking up the price, mazda told him to mark it up 1g, so he did but is giving the buyer 1g of xtras, also he requires that 450 of it goes to this clearcoat stuff which keeps the paint nice and healthy and interior has a stain free lifetime warranty, ex.: spill koolaid on the seat, if it doesnt come out i get a new seat!

Im adding tint and upgrading to the stage 2 alarm. Although i would rather have HID but dealership hid is too expensive.

MazdaNeal said:

Ditto i did the same thing, Plus my at my dealership the owner does not believe in jacking up the price, mazda told him to mark it up 1g, so he did but is giving the buyer 1g of xtras, also he requires that 450 of it goes to this clearcoat stuff which keeps the paint nice and healthy and interior has a stain free lifetime warranty, ex.: spill koolaid on the seat, if it doesnt come out i get a new seat!

Im adding tint and upgrading to the stage 2 alarm. Although i would rather have HID but dealership hid is too expensive.

wait, mazda TOLD him to jack up the price $1,000?

why does this not make sense to me...why wouldnt mazda just make the MSRP (MANUFACTURERS suggested retail price) 1k more. i think your dealer is pulling a load of crap on you, to get u to pay 1k more.

I spoke to Mazda, plus I also spoke to another guy who is a dealership manager but not mazda.....Because the dealers are privately owned there is nothing mazda can do. There is no law or dealer agreement that says they must sell cars at MSRP. Mazda customer service told me thats why the price is the manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price. She said if we told them they could not sell for more than list we would also have to tell them they cant sell for less...haha, Dealer are free to sell that car at any price they want.... She also said if peoiple are willing to pay over sticker then thats what the free market has determined is the value of that car.

I understood what she was telling me....but didnt really like it.

Fins said:
I spoke to Mazda, plus I also spoke to another guy who is a dealership manager but not mazda.....Because the dealers are privately owned there is nothing mazda can do. There is no law or dealer agreement that says they must sell cars at MSRP. Mazda customer service told me thats why the price is the manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price. She said if we told them they could not sell for more than list we would also have to tell them they cant sell for less...haha, Dealer are free to sell that car at any price they want.... She also said if peoiple are willing to pay over sticker then thats what the free market has determined is the value of that car.

I understood what she was telling me....but didnt really like it.

yeah its suggested, but why would Mazda ever tell a dealer to jack up an MSRP? you know what i mean?

also, like ive said before, for 24K, limited edition or not, im keeping my money.

MazdaNeal-
what is the deal with the clearcoat being extra, don't all cars come from the factory with clearcoat? All the cars I have ever had, have had clearcoat(Say that 5 times). This has been the case for the last 30 years or so, right? The only reson I am getting the MSP for sticker is beacsue my father is friends with the General Manager, they are planning on marking them up as well. When they sold the MP3's markup was like 2-3,000.

the mazda told him to mark the price up 1000 thing is a line......why would mazda care if the DEALER profits 1000 extra?

and fins....are you ignoring me or..............?

My advice is...don't believe anything the dealer tells you...its all tactics...they are professional smooth talkers (or at least they try to be). Paper and ink are your friends. ;)

mazda told him to mark it up 1g

Yeah and pigs can fly. :rolleyes:

Having a close family friends that own the Mazda dealership that mine is coming from, Mazda has actually sent out a bulletin that the cars CAN NOT be sold for more than MSRP. It is all part of their marketing, but don't be surprized if they sell it you as a USED car for more money. All they need to do is register the vechicle as sold, then sell it as used for what ever they want. ie there was another dealer in Burnaby who had an MP3 for sale for $3000 over invoice with 100km (60 miles) on it, but classed it as a used car, because he sold and registered it to his kid. Not all dealers are honest and not all dealers are crooks, so if you don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from your dealer, go to another one.

like i said, i plan on paying only MSRP on this car. if my dealer trys to pull some crap like "extra clearcoat" or some bulls*** "acid rain pagackage" or like "anti-iraqui terrorist threat" pagage or "super-special dealer bunch of bulls*** so we can make a couple extra thousand bucks off you, poor chum" pacakge.

if they seriously try to pull that crap, im going to tell them im paying MSRP, take it or leave it. then i will take my deposit and go to the other dealer that has confirmed to me they are selling for MSRP and no more. but i am good with my saleswoman (ugh, women+cars=no) so i dont think she will pull that crap on me.

Yeah i dont care, it basicly is just financing in the basicl stuff that i would pay cash for anyways. plus the lifetime warranty on the interior is a big plus. But yes they are still marking it 1k over msrp. Its not like i didnt realize that.

Back