Bose system on 05' special edition.

sbxxxvipats

:
2005 Mazda3s SP23
Hello All,

Just want to get an opinion on the Bose system. If I wanted to keep the stock look of the car would it be worth the extra money to get the special edition w/ the bose system over just the stock 6 disc changer set up, or would it be easier just to upgrade the speakers on the S model w/ the 6 disc changer. I like the idea of the built in sub, but I'm worried about quality of the bose system. Any opinions would be great! Thanks.

well, since i've never heard a mazda bose system, i can't say 100% for sure, but everything else bose i've heard, i ain't liked. bose is a great marketing company, not a great (or even good) speaker/audio company. as they saying goes "no highs, no lows, must be bose" you can always add a sub, if that's all you're worried about

bose is crap. it sounds good to the ear because it is designed to. bose speakers block all the sounds that most people can't hear and ups the sounds that are pleasant and sound good to most people. personally i wouldn't buy bose to put in home or in my car. i must confess that i do have a bose product. it's a piece that my ipod goes into and it comes with a remote. only have it because it's smaller than a huge stereo in my room, it plays anything on my ipod, it has a remote, and it gets loud. if anyone else made a similar product that has the ease of use and functionality of the bose i would have it.
now for credibility i must say that i work for a company specializing in high end home theater and custom audio distribution. we do not sell bose. we do not recommend bose. the lowest/cheapest model speaker we sell is called a gallo. it's total crap, but it's still better to us than bose. just a tip.
if you want a NICE system that gets loud and still sounds good, get either some pioneer premier or JL Audio components and coaxials and a few JL subs with some JL amps on everything. you'll spend less than you would on a bose system and it will sound soooooo much better. feel free to pm if you want to talk speakers

Aftermarket will always be better then BOSE. Bose just sounds acousticaly good with the layout of the car. Bose sounds horrible in my opinion in any car.

its like anything else. my ears hear things diffrently then yours. what most consier to be fine and dandy for car systems, tends to sound bad to me. a stock system will never be good enough for my ears, but wether if will be good enough for you, only you can decide.

Well then!

I guess I got an opinion, It's all good though! Although I had almost talked myself into getting the special edition just for the Bose and Color of the car, I have changed my opinion, I might get it because of the color but not the Bose, I have a B&W 7.2 system for my home theatre but never paid too much attention to car audio because I didn't want to qoute "spend the money" or thought it was way too complicated for me to figure out. Somehow I think home audio is easier. But thanks again guys I needed a real opinion and I got it. Might save me a 1000 bucks down the road.
Chris

I'm not so sold on the Car stuff either .... but

pb4ugoout said:
bose is crap. it sounds good to the ear because it is designed to. bose speakers block all the sounds that most people can't hear and ups the sounds that are pleasant and sound good to most people. personally i wouldn't buy bose to put in home or in my car. i must confess that i do have a bose product. it's a piece that my ipod goes into and it comes with a remote. only have it because it's smaller than a huge stereo in my room, it plays anything on my ipod, it has a remote, and it gets loud. if anyone else made a similar product that has the ease of use and functionality of the bose i would have it.
now for credibility i must say that i work for a company specializing in high end home theater and custom audio distribution. we do not sell bose. we do not recommend bose. the lowest/cheapest model speaker we sell is called a gallo. it's total crap, but it's still better to us than bose. just a tip.
if you want a NICE system that gets loud and still sounds good, get either some pioneer premier or JL Audio components and coaxials and a few JL subs with some JL amps on everything. you'll spend less than you would on a bose system and it will sound soooooo much better. feel free to pm if you want to talk speakers

I do like the idea of the SoundDock, but opted to get the new Wave Music System and a dock for my iPod, it sounds great. Perfect for what I was looking for. How do you like the SoundDock??

Oh yeah, I did listen to the Cambidge Soundworks (everyone brings it up when I mention the Wave Music System) and I actually liked the sound of the Bose better. The CSW just looked and felt cheap compared to the Bose too. All I use it for it to play my iPod though and to listen to the radio every now and then in my office.

I think most people on a forum like this are like me .... no stock radio system will ever be good enough. Of course, if you are like me .. nothing is perfect :) For the average person, the Bose system sound okay. I am amazed at the number of people who have their loudness button on, the bass all the way up and wonder why their system sounds like crap :)

home audio is allot easier, the constraints of a room are allot easier to deal with then the constraints of an automobile. but good sound can be had, and for proalby not much more then what you would have spent upgrading to a bose factory audio system.

Back