Street Heat Info - New Stuff

I just picked up the Street Heat Mazdaspeed Protege Sales Guide book that was given out dealer meeting. My sales rep told me that I look over all the info and make copies of the book if I needed to. I just wanted to pass on some info that I thought was interesting that I haven't seen mentioned on this forum or in articles I have read.

* This is in no way a Ford engine.
* The launch date WAS October 15th.
* Supposedly the specs say that the front stabilizer bar is 22mm but someone at the meeting said it was going to be more like 24mm.
* The calipers are from the Mazda 626.
* Mazdaspeed Dealer Parts and accessory kit should arrive during vehicle launch. These parts are to include:
Strut tower bar kit with and without cruise
Lowered Spring Kit
Strut Assembly Kit
Stabilizer Bar Kit
Sport Exhuast for 4 and 5 door
Alumunim Pedals
Wheels
Floor Mats
Rear spoiler and skirt kit
Side Sills
Speaker sets, front and rear
* After driving at freeway speeds or up a long hill, idle the engine at least 30 seconds to cool the turbo before shutting the engine down.
* You can add the Racing Beat muffler to the Protege 5
* Mazdaspeed Accessories will have a 12/12 warranty or if dealer installed, balance of factory warranty.
* 2 days of rental car for warranty repairs
* Free jacket to owners (this was hand written - not sure what it means)

The issue of voiding your warranty was very heavily discussed in these sessions. After every section there is a blank list that says "10 Ways to Void your Warranty?" My sale rep didn't fill in all the blanks but here are a few of what he did write down.

1. Raise or lower suspension
2. Exhaust or engine mods unless it is Mazdaspeed
3. Emissions control
4. Modification to drive train
5. Change Wheels or tires that are not compatible.
6. Electric or alternate power source such as NOS. (couldn't read writing here)
7. Mod of certification requirements

That is about it. The rest is pretty sales oriented stuff. They even tell you how to create MP3 files and how to burn them onto a CD. They tell you that Mazda as a whole is switching its focus from being everything to eveybody that it is moving to its roots in being a real sporty car company again. Not sure if this means their minivan is gong away but I like the new direction. I say let Ford focus on the family cars and trucks and have Mazda make the sports cars.

Jonny

JonnyMiata said:
Not sure if this means their minivan is gong away but I like the new direction.

no, that just means Mazda'll make sporty minivans :D :D :D :D

and believe it or not, the MPV IS the sportiest minivan on the market right now, whatever that means :rolleyes: :D

so do those 10 things that void the warranty go for the P5 as well or just the MS???? Sorry if dumb question but just wondering.

slug, it says changing the wheels and tires that are NOT COMPATIBLE, meaning the wrong width and/or diameter. I am sure if you stay in the specs of what Mazda sees as compatible, you should be fine.

I would like to see a ruling on this one though.

Jonny

wait so we get a free jacket???? COOL!! Im gonna ask my sales rep about that one.

Has anybody else heard anything else about a free jacket/shirt or anything?

Last edited:
MazdaNeal said:
wait so we get a free jacket???? COOL!! Im gonna ask my sales rep about that one.

Has anybody else heard anything else about a free jacket/shirt or anything?

ill give up the jacket if i can have the car NOW.

So if you bought bigger rims and tires, your entire warranty would be voided, eh? Yeah usually that causes turbo failure... :rolleyes: That is pretty funny.

Chris

Just 'cause they said it, doesnt make it true.....bigger tires, like anything else, wont void your warranty unless they can prove it caused the failure. Hell, I can put a gerbil G-16 system in there (see G-16 thread), and unless they can prove that one of those suckers got sucked into the turbo, it's all good.

Back