keys

Mz3_4u2nv

:
Mazda 3s 5 door, black mica
is it possible for those flip up rx8 keys to be programed to our mazda 3s? and also since im online, does anyone know when there are going to be adjustable coilover kits for our 3's? thanks

Regarding the retractable keys on the '05 RX-8/Miata/MPV, the answer is no, it cannot be re-programmed. In fact, it has been confirmed that the '05 RX-8 key cannot be fully re-programmed into the '04.

wow cool RX8 comes with flip up keys huh?

a friend of mine who is an owner of 04 VW GTI 1.8T has a flip up key too. there s a shiny little button to press and snap! the key flips out like a switch blade hehe!

i haven t even seen the RX8 keys. anybody got a pic?

so i think it would be possible to dissasemble the apparatus swap out the hardware and and key. however, i m thinking one who has some art metal skills could cut the key with a hand held jewelry saw and/or then possibly do a bit of small welding and/or fabrication as needed with the key part especially.

i m a proud P5 owner myself and this would be a fun mod.

anyway need to see a pic or something and maybe i ll move forward with this idea.

Here are the '05 RX-8 retractable keys. Even dealers aren't able to re-code it for the '04 RX-8 - I know what stopped it from working but not enough to talk about it intelligently. Bottom-line, it's 100% impossible to retrofit on a Mazda3/6, or Pro5.

But you know what, the retractable keyfob is already old! Mazda's got an even cooler one that will likely be available on the N. American-spec MazdaSpeed6 (it's already available on the JDM Mazda Verisa, and will be on the overseas Mazda5). This new one is the card-type that can be kept in your pocket. So to open a locked door, all you do is go near a door (or trunk), and then use a finger to press a little infra-red-like cover beside the door handle. That door will sense the card in the pocket and unlock. Similarly, when starting the car, the car senses the card in your pocket and all you do is turn a little knob in the regular location of the ignition. Yeah, I know, you want a pic of this too right - but I don't have access to it right now, will post it later today.

Attachments

• rx8Key.jpg
    rx8Key.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 342
Ok, one dealership has now been able to get a '05 RX-8 keyless to work on an '04 RX-8. You need WDS to wipe out all existing keys and program the new one from scratch. The need for WDS means that it can only be done at the dealership.

I still don't think you can do it on a Mazda3 or Mazda6, but if anyone is really cool with a dealership, and is willing to spend some money for the parts then you can try.

I was searching the retractable keys in Mazda Japan website and they do have it as an option for Mazda Axelas. I wonder if we could get those and re-key them to work on ours. Or does anyone know if the system is different between US and Japan-models.

the new SP23 comes with a flip up key, can't a sp23 key be programed for the 3s or 3i?

Holy cow, thread revival!

Anyways, it can be done but costly. These flip-key/retractable keyfobs actually have 2 components 1) the remote piece, and 2) the actual key. These two components are then put together to form the single flip-key. You need the Mazda Axela remote piece (D436 67 5RY, this is the expensive and hard to get component), and the actual key from a N. America-spec Mazda5 (G2YA-76-2GXA).

See the latter pages of this thread: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114423

Can you use the Mazda5 remote piece (so use both the remote and key from the Mazda5), that I don't know.

wongpres said:
Holy cow, thread revival!

Anyways, it can be done but costly. These flip-key/retractable keyfobs actually have 2 components 1) the remote piece, and 2) the actual key. These two components are then put together to form the single flip-key. You need the Mazda Axela remote piece (D436 67 5RY, this is the expensive and hard to get component), and the actual key from a N. America-spec Mazda5 (G2YA-76-2GXA).

See the latter pages of this thread: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114423

Can you use the Mazda5 remote piece (so use both the remote and key from the Mazda5), that I don't know.

Thankyou for the help. I will look for the key on ebay. Currently no one is selling it so I'm gonna wait. Or look for it on Japanese websites, if the price+shippment is about the same. (rockon)

Back