Convincing Facts on Pros

low_psi

Contributor
:
ms|slowtege #399
so the TQ Coverter is finally gonna explode on me soon in my mx3. i need ammo to present to my father about the next vehicle. i'm a spoiled bastardo and they are replacing the car for my sister and me. he's mainly been focused on a CIVIC:wtf: i know the following:

pro's have:

10.3" rotors- braking!
3year 50K mile warranty- civic's come with 36K
crumple zones all over the car
strong frame!
handle better- easier to avoid hazards- good for fun too!!
and many more

could all of you g3 owners, even p5, give me any hints on issues you've run into with your g3's. i've heard the front rotors tend to warp and i almost always see the rear stabilizer bar broken on g3's.

i need leverage!! help me keep one more civic off the street! i promise to use no yellow vinyl on the protege:D :D

a good source of GOOD things that Dad's would like to see can be found in publications like "CONSUMER REPORTS" the only rear sway bar problems I have heard of is the bushing problem in the MP3's...not 3rd gens in general.....I have had NO problems with front rotors either....breaks just fine.

if you're after a protege5...you might try telling him that since it's a sedan lower insurance rates...the p5 also has more cargo room so it's good for hauling stuff and friends around...

sundevilMP5 said:
if you're after a protege5...you might try telling him that since it's a sedan lower insurance rates...the p5 also has more cargo room so it's good for hauling stuff and friends around...

not to mention LOTS of room for that HUGE frickin sub box!! lol

I have never heard of a rear sway bar breaking on any 3rd gen Protege. I have never heard of a rear sway breaking on any car for that matter.

The Protege has been bullet proof reliable since day one (1990). The only realibility issues that have plagued any Protege have been the automatic seat belts in the first gen cars, which isn't a problem for you.

Consumer Reports is going to be a good source for the reliability side (especially the track record), however they usually choose a Honda product over the Mazda variety.

The other car mags (C&D, R&T) would be better options at showing off how good the Protege 5 is.

Plus, the Protege is just plain a better car than the present day Civic.

The protege trannys DO suck, however.

Also, let him know that the Civic is in the top 10 most stolen cars.

Try to get your sis on your side too.

civic insurance is crazy high.

pro's are cheaper to buy.

protege brakes are outstanding, esp for a small econocar. much better than the civic's.

pick up a copy of this month's car and driver...they do a comparison of 10 economy cars -- guess which one comes out on top? :D

civics are damn nice cars, don't get me wrong, but i prefer the Protege. the civic's engine is nicer...less powerful but smoother and more refined. the suspension stinks though!

oh yeah the standard features...the protege5 has a/c, cruise control, power everything, etc...standard...

the civic baseline doesn't...

when i first started shopping for a car was looking at civics for cheap...but the low end doesn't come with much else other then the radio...for about $15k you can get a civic dx with nothing

shop around and find a pro5 for $15-16k and it's almost fully loaded with standard features...

thanks guys!
yes the sway bar itself doesn't break, but i've seen them hanging on the ends. i guess people jsut hit all the potholes down here and never bother to make sure the nut is on tight.

my brother's 2k1 civic was JUST stolen in GA where he lives. luckily it was recovered, but it had 1300 worth of damage. i do want a sedan over a coupe because of a few reasons: i have a small coupe now, i'm still growing(gonna be over 6') i need space for SUBS!! and ppl.

i think the only problem is that the pros are a bit higher priced, but in the long run, the savings on insurance would cover the difference i think.

i really want an ES. i plan on putting a p5 front bumper, skirts and apron on it. the day the warranty runs out=turbo:D

once again, thanks for all the info!

Back