About half as much roll with a Progress bar...

Renisis

It was definately worth the money and sore arms (Only because 8 bolts took an hour to take off... very tight... lol)

Just figure I'd put in my 2 cents...

-Matt

Setting @ firm... and I *think* def. not sure the stock bar is 22mm or 24mm.. I could always measure it... lol

Renisis said:
Setting @ firm... and I *think* def. not sure the stock bar is 22mm or 24mm.. I could always measure it... lol
What is the diameter of the stock anti-roll bar? (please and thank you)

djltoronto said:
What is the diameter of the stock anti-roll bar? (please and thank you)

Well, the Progress bar is 22mm. I hope it is bigger around than the stocker.... Maybe the only difference is the adjustability.

ag bullet said:
Well, the Progress bar is 22mm. I hope it is bigger around than the stocker.... Maybe the only difference is the adjustability.
Anyone know the stock diameter?

I have the stock sway bar, still, but thinking about getting the Progress bar. You guys/gals with the Progress bar installed: are you noticing TOO much oversteer with the new sway bar?

Lately I've been pushing the car's handling and, now that I know how, I can get it to rotate almost upon command. I'm just concerned about snap oversteer... the dreaded uncontrollable type of rotation. Anyone had experience pushing the car with the Progress bar installed?

bvmazda3 said:
I have the stock sway bar, still, but thinking about getting the Progress bar. You guys/gals with the Progress bar installed: are you noticing TOO much oversteer with the new sway bar?

Lately I've been pushing the car's handling and, now that I know how, I can get it to rotate almost upon command. I'm just concerned about snap oversteer... the dreaded uncontrollable type of rotation. Anyone had experience pushing the car with the Progress bar installed?

I currently have mine on the "soft" setting. I like how it feels. I am pretty sure I will be moving it to the firm setting in the next week or so after (like you) get some more feedback on the "firm" setting.

According to Grassroots Motorssport Magazine 3's with 15 inch wheels get 20mm front and 19mm rear sway bars while 3's with 16 or 17 inch wheels measure 21mm front and 20mm on the rear.

sjdmp5 said:
According to Grassroots Motorssport Magazine 3's with 15 inch wheels get 20mm front and 19mm rear sway bars while 3's with 16 or 17 inch wheels measure 21mm front and 20mm on the rear.
That is wrong info for stock diameters. Stock rear is 17.5mm.

There isn't oversteer with the Progress bar. I would recommend taking it easy on your first rainy day with it then you will be fine. The difference is pretty subtle actually.

Back