Polished Rims?

m_long84

:
1995 NA Nissan 300ZX
I was thinking about taking the time to polish the stock mazda rims on my 3s . My car is black mica with a 20% tint on the windows. Was just wandering what you guys thought. Would this look good or not?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it's what you think that matters most. In my opinion I like the finish that they come with the best.

By the way is your car a hatch or sedan or a hatch and if its a sedan does it have the sport package w/ the 17 inch wheels? Just wondering.

I dunno about the polished look. I have a black Mica MZ3 hatch w/the 17" wheels & I image they'd stick out like a sore thumb if they were polished. If I were gonna do anything to them I think I'd get them powdercoated some other color: maybe a really dark bronze or something. Hey! Somebody else from Nebraska!

Last edited:
I have a sedan with the sport package, moonroof, 6 disc changer, ABS/SAC/SAB, leather. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

m_long84 said:
I was thinking about taking the time to polish the stock mazda rims on my 3s . My car is black mica with a 20% tint on the windows. Was just wandering what you guys thought. Would this look good or not?
I got the same thing, I think if you polish the wheels, it will look really really good.

I have a black mica P5 with 5% tint on the windows. It has the stock polished rims and can maybe give you an idea of what yours would look like...

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 222
Thanks for all of the replies and your opinions. I'm still struggling with the decision of wether to do it or not. Thanks for the pics or your P5. That looks really nice and I'm sure that it will help me decide in the end whether I polish mine or not. About how long did it take you to polish your wheels?

m_long84 said:
Thanks for all of the replies and your opinions. I'm still struggling with the decision of wether to do it or not. Thanks for the pics or your P5. That looks really nice and I'm sure that it will help me decide in the end whether I polish mine or not. About how long did it take you to polish your wheels?
Jonlong's P5 came with polished wheels from the factory.

i had thought i saw a post allready of a guy who polished the rims on his3 allready. i think a polished or chrome looks good on a black car. if u like the look of your rims i say go for it, if u dont have the time i'd look around chances are a local polishing company could do it for a 100 bucks give or take. id imagine how quick it will take you will depend on if u have the right equipment.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure that we have the right equipment. My brother and I polished the lips on his rims for his 2002 R6. It looks sick. With the limited time I have between working 2 jobs and going to school full time I imagine that if him and I stuck with it I could probably get it done in a couple of weekends. I like the chrome and polished look with a black car, but I like the wheels the way they are now also. I was just wandering if you guys thought if it would look any better. Also if any of you know who has already polished their's on their 3 let me know who it is. I liked to see how they look.

I think polished would look amazing..
Anyone know of a place I could get them plished aroudn the Toronto area..
best price I've found is $160 per rim, if I remove the tires and paint before bringing them the rims!

Back