Guess what I saw at the Texas State Fair!

big_ben

Contributor
Oh yeah, the Mazdaspeed Protege. It was an orange one. The orange does look better in person, but sorry guys, it still looks like s*** to me. Just not as bad as in photos. Some thing I noticed about it though that I havent heard anyone else talk about. The calipers are already powdercoated in a silver/grey color. The tail lights are different than the current ones. The clear part for the reverse lights are now tinted with a redish tint. The seats look much better than the ones in the MP3. They resemble the ones in the new civics. The tamper proof clamps are really tamper proof, they are so tight they look like they are about to break if you just touch them. Overall pretty nice car though.

I also got to sit in the new Hummer H2, I was pretty disappointed with the interior. The interior looks like the same old cheap GM s*** that they put in every $10000 car they make. It's the grey and black plastic crap they put in all the GM cars. I would feel raped if I paid $48000 for a car and didn't get a nice interior. Hell, when you pay $45000 to $50000 for a Lexus, wouldn't you expect to get a luxury interior dash? When will GM get a clue? Besides that, the H2 is bad ass! They also had just about every other concept car that is about to make it to market. Anyone in the DFW area, I suggest you go the the fair this week before it's over because the car show alone is worth it.

Yeah, that's the Mazdaspeed that Freeman Mazda loaned to the State Fair. It was one of the ones used in the Mazdaspeed Street Heat Seminars. You probably also saw some LX's or ES's done up with a spoiler, and different rims.

Back