Q/A To the MSP

Riot21

Originally posted by Slug420
I cannot imagine that other dealers would get the cars before the top volume and elite dealers in the state......but at the same time I cannot imagine that these non #1 dealers are all lying about the cars getting here next week/the week after or whatever......but at that SAME time.........how could our elite dealers not know Friday about cars that will be delivered the following Wednesday?

Here is the deal Mazda is not shipping the cars until the dealership completes their tests. Then they get the cars.

How 'bout this:
Is it true that the cars are being released in waves, orange then black around the first of the year?

Not true. At AutoAlliance in Flatrock MI, they already have both colors and are in the process of modifying them. Now maybe there will be another wave of shipments in both colors or more black as there are more black then orange but I know both colors have arrived.

Originally Posted By MI MSP
Now maybe there will be another wave of shipments in both colors or more black as there are more black then orange but I know both colors have arrived

Right they aren't exactly working them in waves of Orange and black, but they aren't all coming at once. It'll be orange 1st then everything else will start to trickle to the dealers.

is there any way of knowing if my dealerhsip has completed all their tests? I need this car ASAP, not to mention the fact that I placed a deposit 4 months ago so i DO WANT to get mine as soon as they are released........not 3 weeks after everyone else

how many tests or whatever did your dealership have to take/pass?

I don't think it's a matter of passing test so much as it's attending the MazdaSpeed seminar. If the dealer has attended this seminar, they should be all set.

Attending the Mazdaspeed Street Heat wasn't the seminar, is the seminar a completely different deal? My dealer said that my car was getting the turbo installed last Sat. when he called me and that it should be here shortly. What tests do they have to pass? I hadn't heard of this. I am going crazy waiting.

Yeah, give us a VIN. My dealer said that he would have one for me soon, whatever the f*ck that means. I am going to a car show tomorrow and my dealer is sponsoring it, they are supposed to have a $75,000 P5 from Mazda. I will take some pics.

My dealership hasn't attended no seminar, or taken tests that I no of, and they got two coming....and that's for sure. Where is this test thing coming from all of a sudden?

MIGHT be different since ur in canada....i dunno

my dealer went to street heat school, and just last week he said his techs had gone back for more training or something, maybe this is the testing riot is referring to, i sure hope so.....

are there multiple tests riot? or just a one time one shot deal?

I'm getting worried

Hey Slug, I haven't hard anything from my sales guy. Looks like you have the best chance of hearing anything at all. I'm going tomorrow to se the dealership & get familiar with the area & the roads I need to take. Don't think they'll be open anyway :( . I can't believe that they don't have any real info, when I called the first time the sales guy told me how they were the bigest dealer & how they should have them soon. If not for this site & Slug I would of never known about any traning or testing.
I :mad: all this waiting & not really knowing when the car is coming in or whatever, anyway I know the time will come & all this pain will soon be gone as my MSP will surely make me feel better......:cool:
Oh & yes a VIN from Riot will help ease some pain.........(sad2)

do you have monday off? Monday would probably be a more productive day to go if you are free. Then you could go in and harass your salesman, make him go ask the manager for details about testing situations, even though monday is a holiday i expect they will be open, and if that is the case they might get info on monday. invoices etc.....

keep me posted!

Yeah I think that's the best bet, I'll go tomorrow. I'll let you
know if he tells me anything new.......

VIN??

Sorry Guys I cannot post a VIN #!! (nuts)

Thats private info for the purchaser of that car!! I can try to help in other ways. just let me know!

I was wondering about that when I posted the request for the VIN.......on the one hand I would think it would be private, but on the other, anyone who walks up to the vehicle can get it, and lots of dealerships list VIN#s along with their used car inventory nowadays so I didnt know........

Here's your VIN.

It didn't help me when I called my insurance company, though. They didn't have the official 2003 rates for all the Mazdas yet, so they just gave me a rate quote for a new 2002 ES. They said it could change once the new rates came in.

The VIN in the picture is valid. It's actually illegal to make a fake window sticker.

Back