Anyone work at Raytheon?

:
GLA45
They invited me to this interview thing, sounds kinda just like a get to know you kind of event because it's a long time from when I graduate still. I know a few people that work there, just curious to see if anyone on here does too. Also kinda curious on what they actually do, I know they do defense contract work and integrated defense systems, but i don't exactly know what that is.

I have a good friend who lives in Waltham, MA and works there. He's a masters EE major. I'll ask him more about it.

My father has been an EE and production engineer there for 30 years or so. Last program he was working on was THAAD which is some sort of missile control program. He worked in Waltham for a long time but now works in the Andover, MA plant.

My best friend works for them in Tampa as a computer engineer... GREAT company, he loves it, gets paid GREAT, and has gotten raises practically every year.... do whatever you can to get a job there... seriously

My girlfriend's father worked for them for many years when he was younger. He comments great about them. He is a chemical engineer and has been working for EMC for the past many years......

yea, i've heard they pay pretty well, which is why i am considering it. it's also not in hartford or st. paul, minnesota, which is where the locations of the insurance company who made me an offer is located, which is awesome. plus it's more interesting than insurance, which is my other option. only thing is, insurance company needs to know by the end of october, but raytheon probably won't make an offer by then. oh well, we'll see how the interview goes tuesday

Yeah, go there. What kind of stuff are you looking to do? My friend said that his location just got moved to Woburn, MA - they do a lot of things involving radars. Right now he's working on the calibration for some nuclear missile seeking radar... or something like that.

i want to do management :) but to get going and get to know things, coding type of stuff. coding in defense systems i see as way more fun than coding in the insurance industry, so i think the job would be much cooler. the interview thing is in tewksbury, they sent me a few links of resources of things for me to look at, i need to check out more specifically what i would want to do there

Back