looking for sway bars

Progress makes a rear sway bar.

Ptuning.com has them for sale pretty cheap.

Other vendors are just now ramping up.
Eibach may have a kit out too....don't remember where I saw it tho.

badAzLava3 said:
Progress makes a rear sway bar.

Ptuning.com has them for sale pretty cheap.

Other vendors are just now ramping up.
Eibach may have a kit out too....don't remember where I saw it tho.

Thanks for the lead on ptuning. I ordered mine tonight!

carperformance3 said:
thanks for the lead, has anyone heard anything good or bad about the progress quality?
I put Progress's lowering springs and rear anti-sway bar on my 3, after researching (among other things) quality.

They've been on about two months now. The car handled well before, but now it's unbelievable.

My highest recommendation.

I ordered progress springs yesterday and I can't wait to get them. I heard very good thing about these springs for the 3. They say the 3 will handle like hell with springs... (rockon)

thats cool...did you do just springs, without replacing struts? if so, do you have any issues with bottoming out, or the factory struts being to soft with the springs?

I just did the springs, but have no bottoming out issues at all, or any weird sounds coming from under there. The car is very very tight...so at this point I see no reason to replace the struts. I guess they may wear out sooner with the stiffer/shorter springs, but when that happens that'll give me the excuse I need to do some more mods under there.You should take my answers with a grain of salt, though, because I'm a greenhorn at all this...so who knows, maybe I could have a strut problem and not even know it.

if it does the "Bobble head" over bumps thats a shure sign they are shot...another way is if you see abnormal liquids leaking from the struts.

No nothing like that, DA 6 -- but I've only had the springs two months. The struts have no "abnormal liquids" leaking from them -- just the "normal" ones! (flash) Joke folks -- no leaks.

It occurs to me that all I've talked about is performance of the springs. While that's the most important thing to me, looks are of course pretty important as well.

So, how do they look? In a word, perfect! The car looks like it should have been that way in the first place. Those are the types of comments I receive time and again. It's amazing what 1.3" will do. It's not at all a "slammed" look...it takes it from what was somewhat sporty looking to a beautifully planted and balanced, classy sports car.

After this experience with their stuff, I'll put my money on Progress from here on in.

And I know, I know, a picture's worth a whole whack of words, but I'm digitally challenged in the photo dept. I'm running Windows NT, which doesn't support USB, so I've yet to get a digi camera. I'll try and get my buddy to take a couple of shots, and I'll post here.

Back