Gentlemen, we may have a departure

sweet man, congrats! Work the dealer though if that vin info is correct- make em' cut the price by as much as you can

lol, nice!

why are you a departure though? rx8club members come to our meets too :)

BTW, talk to commiespeed - he is a NEPOC member and salesman at a mazda dealership. Someone paid 25k on here for a rx8 a couple weeks ago and he was saying it better have been loaded for them to have paid that much for it so maybe he could make sure ur getting the best deal possible....

AOL IM him: decepticommie

slug420 said:
lol, nice!

why are you a departure though? rx8club members come to our meets too :)

BTW, talk to commiespeed - he is a NEPOC member and salesman at a mazda dealership. Someone paid 25k on here for a rx8 a couple weeks ago and he was saying it better have been loaded for them to have paid that much for it so maybe he could make sure ur getting the best deal possible....

AOL IM him: decepticommie

Hehe! Mazda had some incentives for the RX8 for a while. But not much more.. I'm not really sure how much I could have gotten off the car. I'm paying invoice. Minus $1K from Mazda rebates. So that's $1K under invoice. THere's the dealer holdback, but it seems the car's been on the lot for a while. So they probably aren't getting much from that. I'm not aware of other incentives in Mass.--- I'll try IMing that guy anyway.

nice, good luck and hope the deal happens. you won't regret the higher payment :)

and a departure it aint

(pissed)

Bah, it's a no go. I couldn't get the APR I wanted, and as much as I love that RX8, it's just too much interest over the life of the loan. I walked out. Who knows, maybe they'll call back? :)

The finance guy was an asshole, which sucks too. The main reasons for the higher APR, he says, is that I've had my new job for only 2 months. Not enough "job stability", despite the previous job. I can understand that, and I should've put up more money down. Thing is, there are only 3 Winning Blue RX8s 6-speeds in a 150 mile radius (according to mazdausa.com), one of them is out (217 miles on the clock! boh!), and the other two are at the dealership I was at. So I was rushing to get a 2004 before they go.

So it ain't over. I'll try a couple more financing options and if not, I'll get through the winter with my Protege, and come spring, I'll get a 2005. I have the S-Plan, so I can always get invoice pricing.

Well, looks like I'll be coming to the meet in my Protege still! :)

Last edited:
why didnt u use your s-plan now? (uhm)

invoice pricing has to be lower than 30k

and did u ever get a hold of commie? i drove almost 2 hours to get the deal on my msp i wanted to to get treated right by the sales ppl....you could buy from commiespeed and if its the winning blue that you want he could probably get it from metrowest (if thats where u were looking) and have it sent to him at tony march and give you a better deal :)

slug420 said:
why didnt u use your s-plan now? (uhm)

invoice pricing has to be lower than 30k

and did u ever get a hold of commie? i drove almost 2 hours to get the deal on my msp i wanted to to get treated right by the sales ppl....you could buy from commiespeed and if its the winning blue that you want he could probably get it from metrowest (if thats where u were looking) and have it sent to him at tony march and give you a better deal :)

S-plan was $30 under invoice. The car I was looking at was loaded, with nav and other stuff. It was $34K MSRP. A base 6-speed RX8 is $26.7K MSRP ($26.9K for 2005). The 2005s are more expensive, about $1-$1.5K on the higher end. And I really want the stock nav, dammit :)

I think if I follow a more coolheaded approach, I can probably order a 2005 just the way I want it, so I can get it built and shipped by late spring. That way I'm not paying for stuff I don't need (like leather seats or Blows audio). Plus I'll have more downpayment cash that I throw down.

Last edited:
by the way astral that sucks u couldnt get it :( but were u dealing with Gallo? cuz if u were thier assholes! total asswholes!!! they tried to rip me off when i looked at the 6's acouple weeks ago.....450$ a month get the ???? outta here lol and only 8k for my car just wondering if u went to Gallo cuz they cant deal for poo!!!

xxmikkoxx said:
by the way astral that sucks u couldnt get it :( but were u dealing with Gallo? cuz if u were thier assholes! total asswholes!!! they tried to rip me off when i looked at the 6's acouple weeks ago.....450$ a month get the ???? outta here lol and only 8k for my car just wondering if u went to Gallo cuz they cant deal for poo!!!
Gallo seemed to have some good deals on 04' RX-8's. I almost purchased my sedan off them but did not.......they forgot to tighten my sister's oil drain plug last year and it almost feel out.....3 free oil changes for her. I live right down the street so I always drive by them.......

Poor astral......maybe in the spring?

haah they did the same thing to my car when i got it serviced there and i got crap from them except that they were sorry i called corperte on them though ebacuse also that day they treated me like crap when i droped off my car to them as well i really dispise gallo....and sentry is to far a drive for me to get an oil change and minor stuff like that

Back