Graduate Program...?

Gazord

Contributor
Does anyone know how Mazda's "Graduate Program" works? I spoke with the dealer down here in the ATL at Jim Ellis Mazda where I have my MSP reserved and he said that it will apply to the MSP, but I forgot to ask him how it works.

I am just under the 2 year deadline (Dec. 2000) from a state University so I should qualify, but what does " $500 Customer Cash" mean? Is this a rebate or do they deduct it from what you pay on the car when it is paid for? If it is a rebate is it going to be one of those that takes like a year to get back? I am still waiting on an $80 one from Best Buy that I will never see!

If it works like a rebate that probably means sales tax would have to be paid on the $500 discount... That tax is something I am not looking forward too, that is going to be worse then the insurance!

From what I understand you have to fill out a form at the dealer that you purchased the car from
you send in a copy of your degree and whalla 500 check in the mail
they say it takes like 6-8 weeks though
good for some mods when it comes in
you can call mazda about it thru a 800 number off of their site
www.mazdausa.com

Good luck
(silverp5)
Dinger

The way it worked for me was they deducted it from the price of the car. No waiting...instant rebate if you'd like. If I remember correctly they deducted it from the total price and then added taxes and all of the other crazy amounts of $$. Hope this helps.

Matt

I just got an email back from the dealer rep:

"To receive the $500 college rebate you will
have to produce a copy of your diploma. It works as a customer cash rebate, taken
as a reduction of the final purchase price after tax. I will keep you posted,
no definitve delivery date yet.

Sincerely, Gerry"

So I guess they make you pay sales tax on the $500, that kinda sucks! Atleast there is no waiting for a rebate!

Under the terms of my graduate program, I produced a letter showing I was graduating with a Bachelor's Degree and got deferred billing for six months, no interest either. For me it was an option between deferred payments or cash back.

i think for the msp the deferred payments is not an option but the 500 bucks back is still good...

slug420 said:
i think for the msp the deferred payments is not an option but the 500 bucks back is still good...

That's the scoop I've gotten from two dealers, so I think that's right...

for me they just took the money off the price of the car. I was actually 2 months beyond the maximum of graduating, but they still did it. I said, if they don't, I'm not buying the car....so Mazda Canada agreed.

Back