Planned System Setup

mEtHoDySt

Hey all,

Ok I have been looking around at my options and am planning on going with Infinity Reference 6800cs up front. Now for the back I am not sure which ones I should go with, either Infinity Reference 6802cf or Infinity Kappa 572.5cf?

Can the stock bowl weather covers or whatever they are called that protect the speakers from the rain work on aftermarket speakers? Where can I find a set of 4 aftermarket ones if needed?

I am going to power them all with a JL e4300 4-ch amp which I am going to mount in the truck up the top of my sedan. I have no plans for a sub as of now, loss of trunk space is the problem. I am not that crazy in the audio either, but would like a little more grunt out of them. Is not going with a sub a waste of time? I am not looking for heavy bass but more than stock would be nice. All opinions welcome and even alternate setups.

Thanks alot.

i got the kappas and they kick ass, i got them powered by my clarion deck and they sound great, can't imagine how much better they would sound if powered by an amp. the weather shield also fit perfectly on them, hope this helped.

I bought the Infinity Reference 6800cs speakers for my fronts. I just installed them 2 days ago. The plastic rain shield fits perfectly, also the holes line up perfectly so it was a quick and easy replacement.
Im a noob at this car audio stuff so I will tell you my problem when installing the speakers.
I really didnt know where in the door to put that crossover without having it bounce around and bang on my door when driving. I stuck velcro strips on it and stuck it to the inner side of the door directly under the speaker. I wasnt happy with that idea so I pulled it out and installed the speaker without the crossover. As far as the tweeter goes. I snipped out the old one and replaced it with the new one using the same wires and again didnt use a crossover.
Im not very happy with the sound quality. The old speakers sounded better and louder as well. I am sure its because I am not using an amp and crossover. Soon as I can scrounge up enough cash(about 2 weeks)I plan on getting a 4 channel amp to power the speakers up properly WITH the crossover this time hehe. As of right now there is just way too much tremble coming out of those speakers. Almost too overpowering. I

will repost again soon as I power up the speakers properly cause as of right now, they sound like crap because of my rookie status and poor planning.

Anyone want to add their 2 cents or give me good advice, fire away :)

Last edited:
iaminea without an amp or crosovers those speakers will sound horrible. hide the crossovers behind the carpet near the kickpanel area. or put them inside the doors, wrap them insome foam to protect them and get an amp for them.

methodyst. go with a good set of componets up front, if u like how the infinities sound, go with them. for the rears just run them off your headunits power and get some small caps to cut the bass out of them. i'd seriously suggest a small sub. you can go with a simple 8" or 10" sub in a small enclosure and not take up much room at all. were talking an 8" that can be put into an enclsure of .2 cu. ft.

On the way from home I was listening to my radio and it sounded like total CRAP! When I got home I broke down and ordered an Audiobahn A6004T amp. I just couldnt take it anymore.

i'm not a big fan of audiobahn but as long as u got a good waranetee and are happy with it, more power to ya. will definatly beat the stock audio.

I just went with what puts out a good amount of power for the price and also size of the amp was important to me. The audiobahn fit all areas perfectly. We shall see. Just out of curiosity. What amp do you prefer sndsgood?

Iaminea

iaminea said:
I just went with what puts out a good amount of power for the price and also size of the amp was important to me. The audiobahn fit all areas perfectly. We shall see. Just out of curiosity. What amp do you prefer sndsgood?

Iaminea
I know this wasn't directed to me, but I thought I'd share.
I have a JL Audio e4300, using the high level inputs on the amp from the factory deck, and it sounds amazing! Amplifier wattage these days really is useless.
You can't compare one brand to another at all.

My amp is 45 watts per channel, but is good clean power. I've seen some amplifiers that claim to put out 500 or 1000 watts, but have a single 15 or 20 amp fuse. Mathematically, that's impossible!

I just spent 7 hours in the garage with my friend installing my amp. At first there was a horrable buzzing hum coming out of my speakers when I turned on the engine. After messing around with the ground wire coming off the radio and also re-routing the power cable to the right side of my car(away from my RCA cables) and presto. My speakers sound unbelieavable. I am amazed at how good they sound.

I think the audiobahn 75 x 4 was probably overkill because I currently have it turned down to just under half power. I havent put in new rear door speakers yet so I only have working fronts sofar. But I plan on ordering Infinity Kappa 572.5cf's tonight or tomorrow.

I was thinking of putting a 10" sub in the trunk for some bass but with the way my speakers sound now I dont believe I need one. Will have to sit on that one for awile. Thanks sndsgood and djltoronto for your posts.

iaminea, just because your gain is at half way doesnt nessicarily mean your not reaching full power, the gain isnt a volume control, its a level setter, depending on the voltage output of your headunit u could reach full power at anywhere from 3/4 gain or 1/4 gain. and if you are talking about the volume knob on your head unit, then that means you have the gain on your amp up to high.

glad to see u got it hooked up and the alternator whine tooken care of. and beleive me a nice 10" sub would make it sound even better.

Back