Custom Stereo Pictures

booker3

I thought you guys might like to see some other options for a custom stereo upgrade:
HTML:
http://members.cardomain.com/booker3

Here is what my stereo system:

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-7998

XM Tuner - TUA-T020XM

3 Amplifers - all JL Audio - and all mounted in a custom amp rack in trunk on floorboard (hidden, ya'know - stealth-like)
JL Audio 300/4
JL Audio 300/2
JL Audio 500/1

Speakers:
Front Doors - Boston Acoustics Z6s (Bi-Amped) - 150x2 from JL Audio 300/2.

Midbass under Front Seats - 2 Focal 13KS - 5 1/4" subwoofer (running frequencies between 70-200Hz) - 150x2 from JL Audio 300/4 (Bridged)

Subwoofer:
JL Audio 12w6v2 in a custom fiberglass enclosure built into right rear-quarter panel of trunk.

I also have 2 1F capacitors (on 300/2 and 50/1) and a 0.5F capacitor (on 300/4) that areattached to the amps.

615426_8_full.jpg

615426_5_full.jpg

615426_18_full.jpg

615426_3_full.jpg

615426_13_full.jpg

615426_15_full.jpg

I dig the trunk work but the HU install piece will not grow on me. I know its the only thing that is offered but I would seriously consider going custom install. It will make the differance in the end. Keep up the good work.

That looks nice, especially the trunk!

I don't know a whole lot about the actual components, but I am certainly dazzled by the intricate use of audio terms and acronyms. I bet it sounds great!

Did you do the install yourself? Looks great!

splitvizion said:
here is my HU setup. In the near future the stock HU will be removed and in its place will be a 8" LCD screen for the X-Box to be played on.

/members/splitvizion/hu install2.JPG

I like this look better than replacing the stock. I would like the matte paint instead of shiny.

It would be cool to now replace the stock stereo with a lcd screen. :)

like he said, the shiny throws it off a bit but the idea was good - instead of putting the radio there, you could've put the 8' flip up screen there

what i want to do is put the flip up where the lighter section is at and keep the factory radio because i want to be able to use the controls on the steering wheels unless you can hook it up to the aftermarket radio and make it work

one more thing, where did you get that piece to put the radio in, was it custom made or they sell it

styles_t said:
one more thing, where did you get that piece to put the radio in, was it custom made or they sell it

The dash piece in my car was custom made...this was done prior to the METRA dash kit that is now available.

It took my installer almost two days to fabricate this custom dash piece - he needed to make a mold of the front of the factory stereo to get the curves just right.

Total system cost - about $6k

thanks

splitvizion said:
here is my HU setup. In the near future the stock HU will be removed and in its place will be a 8" LCD screen for the X-Box to be played on.

/members/splitvizion/hu install2.JPG

That is very interesting...this is the exact set-up that I had planned with my installer...we had the Alpine PXA-H701 ordered...and waited for it over 3 months, until we got fed up and decided to redesign the system based upon the CDA-7998.

I was going to put the PXA-H701 in the exact spot you did...and had wondered how it would look...I bet you're happy with it...I think it looks great. Did you mount the brains under one of the seats, or in the trunk?

I was also going to add an AudioControl EQL and 6XS to my system to round it off - did you do something similar?

Nice looking setup.
Thanks

Back