ALC and a subwoofer

ag bullet

:
2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback,MTX
To those with the factory deck and a sub, what setting are you using for the ALC? I constantly find myself adjusting the sub once I am at highway speed. Thank god I have a bass knob, otherwise I would be going crazy....

i have mine turned off. it's designed to increase volume at higher speeds to make up for road noise. i didn't really notice a difference and has since turned it off.

RHAGEL said:
I dont think the 3 has a factory sub available.

You are right. I added a sub to my factory system. However with the ALC at level 3, the sub increases in volume along with the rest of the system.

I have it at level 2 now and it seems better. I was just curious as to what others did to address that issue.

If you hit highway speed of about 65 or so and set it to 3 and then dial it back, you will hear a considerable difference by the time it is in the off position.

I C. Are there plugs on the back of the stock stereo or did you have to get an adapter kit? What size sub do you have? How does it sound? I am looking at getting a 3 and I want some bass but w/o spending a lot of money.

RHAGEL said:
I C. Are there plugs on the back of the stock stereo or did you have to get an adapter kit? What size sub do you have? How does it sound? I am looking at getting a 3 and I want some bass but w/o spending a lot of money.

I just used a Line Out Converter for the amp. I have a single JL 10w3v2 sub and a JL E1400D amp. It is a nice set up. Doesn't take up too much of my trunk or overpower my music too much.

Back