cruise control?

:
07 F150 HD
anyone know if the msp has cruise control? I havent seen any spec list anywhere that says it does, but I have been kind of assuming it will since it has so many fancy bells and whistles why not put in a plain jane one......

I just found a pic online of a window sticker on an msp at a TX auto show last week......and CC wasnt listed...

unless I am mistaken (yes its happened a FEW times) the MSP does NOT have cruise control....just like the MP3 didn't have it.

How hard would it be to add it?

I know some of you don't like to use the cruise control for one reason or another, but I like the convenience on long highway trips.

I've worked with adding things to Hondas, but never with Mazda. How hard would it be to scavenge the cruise from a wrecked 99-02 protege and swap it into the MSP? Are the MSPs prewired for cruise, or would i have some wiring to do?

Also, if I were to buy cruise control new from Mazda, where would you recommend me going to do it?

Thanks,
Jesse

There is definatly no cruise control on my MSP :( talked to the dealer about it and the steering wheel is different so the factroy controls won't fit without some modification. Plus it was ridiculous $$$$

Different Wheel?

digi168 said:
the steering wheel is different so the factroy controls won't fit without some modification. Plus it was ridiculous $$$$
Just curious as to what is different between the MSP & the P5 steering wheels? Other than the silver inserts, silver stitching, and the silver logo in the center on the MSP one, they look identical to me.
I agree that the retrofit would be really expensive to obtain the individual parts, though.
Jim

The MSP's steering wheel is made by Nardi, if I'm not mistaken. It may look similar to the P5's but I think it's an entirely different animal.

Its not the steering wheel, its the front strut bar under the hood that cannot fit the additional equipment for the cruise control. Sticks are pretty much free these days anyhow.

DooMer_MP3 said:
Its not the steering wheel, its the front strut bar under the hood that cannot fit the additional equipment for the cruise control.
It has the bracket for the cruise control already in place under the strut tower brace.

DooMer_MP3 said:
Sticks are pretty much free these days anyhow.
I don't understand what you mean.

Confused again...

DooMer_MP3 said:
Its not the steering wheel, its the front strut bar under the hood that cannot fit the additional equipment for the cruise control.
The cruise control vacuum booster fits very nicely under the strut tower brace on my P5. The tower braces on both cars look the same to me (except for color). I think that if you have the $$$$, you could add CC to an MSP.
Jim

Back