Is Motor Trend on the ball?

RuggedMazda

:
03 MazdaSpeed, 93 Supra TT RC toy.
Hey guys, I just got this motor trend mag. ( my first copy ) & they have this road test section that suposedly tells us 0 to 60 & 1/4 + other performance of most if not all cars on the market. I looked at all the cars that I liked & saw that the mazdaspeed pro. was the fastest in 0 to 60 & 1/4 ( says motor trend ). I have here the times of all the cars I like:
IS 300 L-tune=6.6/15.0
Accord V6=6.6/15.0
RSX Type S=6.7/15.1
GTI 1.8T=6.8/15.3
Eclipse GTS SPYD=6.9/15.2
TT Coupe=7.0/15.8
SE-R SpecV=7.2/15.6
Celica GTS=7.3/15.5
SVT Focus=7.4/15.8

Now for the Mazdaspeed=6.5/14.9 no joking....Thats what they say. I Know that these cars are defferent, but I couldn't help to be like wow, is this true? The car that I'm getting has the potential that rivals & even beats all of these cars.........So tell me guys is this :bs: or is motor trend on the ball???????

those times are pretty good, i think they are really good drivers so they got better times than most other magizines, that would make a big difference on the reviews

keep in mind, more then likely their car was the preproduction one without abs. No abs, means less weight, which means quicker car.

Motor trend and Car and Drive are famous for doing this. And, killer is, they are too lazy to re-test it. So, they'll use those numbers forever now. That's what they've done for years.

Those numbers are impressive, makes me want it even worse, if that were possible. Just think, after the car is broken in a few thousand of miles, do you think that it might be even quicker?

Those numbers are impressive, makes me want it even worse, if that were possible. Just think, after the car is broken in a few thousand of miles, do you think that it might be even quicker?

It's possible...a 14.9 1/4 mile is very impressive for a mild boost in power...unless they are underrating the power #'s.

well, if the numbers are right, that's impressive from a 170hp car. Can't wait for my dealer to get one, I'm going up and testing it hopefully.

I can't say I'm all for Orange, but I would buy one in April if it was Grey or something sensible. Mazda would be crazy not to make another run of MSP's. After the time and money invested in making this car, only releasing 2000 of them just doesn't seem right. You know if they made another 1000 next year, they would all sell.

Imagine a grey MSP with gunmetal rims Hmmmm. Even Grey with the MP3 style rims which are shiney. Hmmmm.

SpecialK said:

Well i don't know if it'll be 2 much quicker, but if it is i'd say a Good:

0-60....6.2-6.4sec
1/4mile 14.6-14.8sec
That's just my Opinion though;) :p

well when i saw the mazdaspeed they had it charcole grey and s*** was sooooooooooooooo good looking it was like the is 300 color i thought they were going to use that, but if i ever cahgne teh color i would change it to that, it looked really good on the car

I'm gonna play the waiting game I think when it comes to the colors. I do get a definite feeling that we'll be seeing more Mazdaspeeds than just the Orange/Black ones. If we don't, I'm more than satisfied with my MP3, but if they happen to release more and in a color I like such as charcoal grey, I'll be very tempted to pick one up!

Back