Few Simple Questions From Newbie 1997

For my 1997 Miata can you advise on these questions?

I assume the wheel jack has a handle to crank it up & down, were do they hide it or perhaps its missing?
Where do they hide the fuel filter?
I found 2 small drain hoses by the battery, they are not connected, what are they for?
Is it okay to disconnect the stupid key buzzer without effecting anything else?

Thanks

billy bronco said:
For my 1997 Miata can you advise on these questions?
I assume the wheel jack has a handle to crank it up & down, were do they hide it or perhaps its missing?
Jack is in the extreme left of the trunk, in the fender well directly infront of the tail-lights. The handle should be clipped onto three clips along the front wall of the trunk near to the jack. Outwardly visible...so if it's not there, sounds like it's missing. Many on eBay.
Where do they hide the fuel filter?
Under the car, protected by a cover, near to the right rear wheel.
I found 2 small drain hoses by the battery, they are not connected, what are they for?
Vents to allow your battery gases to escape the trunk. If they're not connected to the battery, then it would imply you don't have a proper Miata battery.
Is it okay to disconnect the stupid key buzzer without effecting anything else?
Yes...simply unplug the buzzer unit.

For all your questions...go to www.miata.net and into the garage section...everything's all been done. I would advise you to buy the "Enthusiasts Manaul" specific to the Mk1 1.8L Miatas (red book with yellow Miata). Excellent resource.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

B.L. Zebop said:
Jack is in the extreme left of the trunk, in the fender well directly infront of the tail-lights. The handle should be clipped onto three clips along the front wall of the trunk near to the jack. Outwardly visible...so if it's not there, sounds like it's missing. Many on eBay.
Under the car, protected by a cover, near to the right rear wheel.
Vents to allow your battery gases to escape the trunk. If they're not connected to the battery, then it would imply you don't have a proper Miata battery.
Yes...simply unplug the buzzer unit.

Thanks for all your answers: I found the jack handle it was well hidden. Replaced fuel filter and yes the battery was replaced before I bought it and was not bought from Mazda. Buzzer disconnected.

For all your questions...go to www.miata.net and into the garage section...everything's all been done. I would advise you to buy the "Enthusiasts Manaul" specific to the Mk1 1.8L Miatas (red book with yellow Miata). Excellent resource.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Back