The Toronto Star

hey guys...

For those of you who are in Toronto, pick up today's "Saturday" paper..
under the 'Wheels' Section there is a full page write up about the MAZDASPEED Protege in Montreal!
it even has the picture of one of our 'spy shot' cars in the photo.
Licence plate "ANLP 430". What on earth are they doing with the customer cars?

all positive write up.
" In the summer, I drove a prototype Mazdaspeed Protege back-to-back with a stock model on Shannonville racetrack, and it was even more impressive in comparison. It wasn't just the extra speed; it was the fact that the car felt so at home on the track. Though undoubtly a quick, fun, well balanced road car, the base protege felt out of its element on a circuit; the Mazdaspeed was all over it like a pack of dogs on a three-legged cat. The thing gripped, turned and stopped way harder, and felt like it could do the same all day."

that's just a slight insight of the preview...
Price tagged is b/t $27,000 and $27,500 CAN

there is even a confident feel and note about the yellow or gray Mazdaspeed coming this spring.

Anyway, this has totally made my day, that the MAZDASPEED is near delivery time!!

-Limited Edition

I might hold out for the grey. Going to check out how to orange appeals to me. He stated specifically that'll it'll becoming in grey and yellow 750 of them compared to 250 to orange coming in Oct.

no the gunmetal grey mazdaspeed isn't a rumour, it's a fact. Already have a friend put a down payment on one.

Im just glad to read that the MP3 will still be more rare than the mazdaspeed - 250 MP3's in Canada and 1,000 mazdaspeeds

Now i feel better - car looks cool though

How can he have put money down on a grey one when Mazda has not confirmed anything, still rumors at this point. It would be cool if they had grey, doesn't affect me though, I want oranage no matter what.

There are plans for a 2003.5 But that is still up in the air for this round it is ONLY orange and Black!

My dealership told me that they are definately getting a yellow and a grey similar to the tributes in the spring. He acted as if it was fact, not rumor.

I'm sticking with Spicy Orange..
i've always liked this colour the first time i saw it...i never had doubts in my mind that it would be anything less than 'sweet'.
i think for those who have placed an order of the Orange, i think it's best to stick with it...since your first instinct was to get it, so i'm assuming that you liked the orange at first impression. This is just my opinion...

Got a question: Everything I've read about the grey or yellow MSPs to be released in the spring has come from Canadian sources. Do you think there is any chance those colors will only be availiable in Canada?

with a current 2000 car release or whatever, less than half of which being orange, and canada only getting a portion of the smaller half of these cars.......I would highly doubt that they would release a 2000 car batch there with 2 colors.......probably just that Mazda Canada is a little smaller than Mazda usa so it is easier for them to get straight answers

Riot21 said:
Riot21
vba9196.jpg
Do you have some bigger shots like that? That's pretty cool if it is what I think it is :D.

mspeed-07.jpg

Shot in Montreal but the cars had Ontario Plates on them supposedly, from what I hear the pic was taken by someone in the Quebec Protege Club. Interesting - I apologize if you guys have already seen this one.

How did Canada (of all places) get the 6's before the US??? According to the MazdaUSA website the 6's are slated for December 2002.

actually my dealer told my yesterday, that January is the earliest for the 6's.

I too am wondering just how many of the orange msp's are going to be s*** hauled my the press. Seems like an aweful lot so far.

Back