insurance ?

WiReD

Hey guys, Im new here, but let me just say that this is one of the friendliest and best running boards on the net that I have found. All you members seem to get along great and are REALLY helpful. Anyways, I know this may be somewhat of a nosey question that really isn't my business, but I was just wondering how much some of you pay for your insurance to cover your MP3's and how much more it would cost to cover a MSP. Seeing that i is turbo'd and all, I would think it would be a bit more, but i dunno... And if its not too much to ask, how old are you too? I'm 20 so I figure it'll be pretty high for me.(notcool) Thanks!

Wired, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to our Club. There are TWO BIG fridge'S in the corner with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have.

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!! (stash)

well I can only partially answer your question.....I am 45, btw there is a thread asking that very question of our members in the OFF TOPIC forum.....

I don't have an MP3 nor am I getting a MSP...but I do have TWO P-5's...and my insurance is about $700/ 6 months for full coverage on both of them.

i hate my ******* insurance company. they really , really suck and they screw me out of money every month and when i need them there to help me out, they shove me off. im going to tell them i have a regular protege and play stupid..>I HAVE A 2003 MAZDA PROTETGE. **** em, i hate em so much, sorry for the language, but i really really hate those A$$HOLES

dexter, won't that be a problem when it comes to filing a claim on the car? won't the insurance be able to deny coverage for the vehicle since you told em that it was something that it isn't?
or they just go by the VIN?

sleeper_ said:
dexter, won't that be a problem when it comes to filing a claim on the car? won't the insurance be able to deny coverage for the vehicle since you told em that it was something that it isn't?
or they just go by the VIN?

i dont know. its just an idea of mine, it probably wont work and my insurance rates will probably super high. :rolleyes: :(

Usually they just go by the VIN. I have a friend who has a T/Type Regal and his insurance company lists it as a regular regal family sedan that carries an ultra low rate! Go figure, the terror of the streets is considered a family car.....

-Jeremy-

jroof said:

$252/mo for a P5!!?? Have you gotten a ticket for breaking the land-speed record?

nope, i have nothing on my record no tickets,no accidents, not even been pulled over. yeah ur telling me $252 is a motherfucker every month especially since my car pament is $368.41. so basically at the end of the month i'm broke. anyone know how to lower your insurance.. i currently have state farm.

Sir Nuke, I did a search in the Off Topic Forums for 'insurance' but nothing valid came up. if anyone knows of the post's where abouts, could ya post a link or something?

mazdarx7power, i was actually looking to switch over to state farm, do you like them?

well the only thing i dont like about state farm is that my dam insurance is $252 every month thats the only thing i dont like. other then that no problems.

I switched to American Family Insurance when I was 20 and they gave me a much lower rate than my previous carrier.

mazdarx7power said:
well the only thing i dont like about state farm is that my dam insurance is $252 every month thats the only thing i dont like. other then that no problems.

That is extremely high. I pay the same for my Protege5 but....I also have theft and fire on my '94 Talon TSi/AWD (which is off the road getting an engine installed), 2 at fault accidents, 1 vandalism, and 1 speeding ticket. This is through Allstate.

You should shop around. Try Geico or Progressive they have on-line quotes. Also my uncle was telling about Firemens Insurance Company (no you don't have to be a firemen to get it) he signed up with them and 6 month premium went down $500:eek: !!!! And that was for the exact same coverage he was getting at State Farm. I still have to give them a try.

mazdarx7power said:
I'm 20 and my insurance for my P5 is $252 every month.

$252 each month?!:eek: I pay $121 a month and thought that was bad. Search around. I'm sure you can do better. Good luck.:D

Aight now I'm 24 and for my MP5 i pay $1200.00 for the Year through Unitrin. But on a Side Note I work for PROGRESSIVE INS. I am a Customer Service Rep. and even if you tell us the model you have we do go by the VIN# which tells us everything about the Vehicle. If you just gave me the Vin# I key it in and our system will pull the Make,Model,Year,Trim,Engine size,ABS,Airbags,4x4,4x2, etc..... So you can't really get away with faking the Model you have But Definitely Shop around for your Insurance I can't afford my Own Company's insurance and i found some companies wanted to charge me $1200.00 just for Six Months instead of the Year. I went on the web and got quotes from as many insurance companies i could think of and i even used websites such as INSWEB. Just Do your research and you will be alright. Now remember think Price and Service before making the decision because it doesn't hurt to pay a little more for better service and definitely look at the company and how financially stable they are use the Fortune 1000 as a guideline.

I pay 300.00 8 months outta the year. Pay for month in a row then off for 2 months then again. My insurance comes out to 2,400.00 a year. No points no nothing. Can anybody guess what state im from.:wtf:

JMDPRO5 said:
I pay 300.00 8 months outta the year. Pay for month in a row then off for 2 months then again. My insurance comes out to 2,400.00 a year. No points no nothing. Can anybody guess what state im from.:wtf:
I didn't even have to look to know where you're from. Although Delaware isn't as high, I feel that our proximity to NJ does increase our rates to higher than what they should be. Insurance is such a racket, I should become an agent.

On another topic, has anybody been able to nail down an insurance company to a price on the Mazdaspeed Protege? The MP3 looks like it wasn't much more than a regular ES, but I fear even asking considering "speed" is right there in the name of the car. I feel like I'm asking "What is the rate for the new Mazda Wreckless-CrazyDriver Protege?"

I had my carrier give me a quote on the MSP although it wasn't in the books yet so he said it was just an estimate. Right now, I drive a '94 Probe GT and pay $1250/yr and I'm a step 13. My carrier (Commerce Ins.) quoted me $1440/yr for the MSP. I let him know the MSP had boosted power over the regular Protege. On a side note, I asked my dealer about insurance and he said that because the car only has 170 hp, the power/weight ratio doesn't put the MSP in a sports car class resulting in higher insurance costs.

[jroof]
how old are you? and im assuming a clean driving record
I live 20 minutes from Commerce Insurance, used to work in their IT dept actually.......and that number seams like a bargain! progressive quited me with a regular protege ES as 2400 a year.

im 21, will be 22 in a few weeks and have a clean driving record.

Slug,
I'm 24 and my driving record isn't clean although it's been a while since I've had a citation in Mass (where it would affect my premium). I haven't had a ticket in Mass for about 5 years and I had another ticket and accident more than 6 years ago so they shouldn't be on my record anymore. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm actually a step 11 (step 9 being perfect) because one of those old tickets came off dropping me from a 13. Also, Commerce didn't quote me directly, I went through my agent although Commerce is my carrier. Yeah, I was suprised my premium was that low. I have a lojack, AAA, airbags, etc so those all give me a discount.

Back