Help Factory Alarm

Sprousa

:mad: Ok so I finally got up the nerv to go tackle into my week old mazda3..I want to install just a sub and amp done it many times but just didnt want to get into it on such a new car...so I ran the 4 Guage power wire down the right side under the carper from the back to the front well after I did the factory alarm when arming lights will not blind and horn will no honk...but will blink when unlocking...horn works everything else works..doors lock with lock aswell just no lights or horn on second key press..Im very upset and dont want to go to the dealer cuz then I haft to take the wire out..smack...anyone know where the factory alarm control unit is...I know theres alot of wiring harnesses over on the right side because I put it thru the firewall the same place everyone else does...I checked all the connectors but I dont want to disconnect reconnect cuz of the airbag system...

Fixed

(hand) Ok I feel dumb...On my old car alarm it would let you know if the doors werent shut all the way when u tried to arm the system... well I allready tried that by re shutting all the doors on my m3...I thought the horn wouldnt honk not the lights actually not work...but come to find out the trunk had no latched fully because I went out side to pull the wire so I could take it in and when I lifted the lever it didnt click..so I close the trunk and now it works...Im alot happier that its not the ford wiring harness and hopefully someone else can learn from my experience

Back